Read my plug?

Hey guys,

been having some real issues with fouling and idle surging...

tried a diff pilot jet, no help, tried chnging float height, no help, i finally got fed up and simply went back to 100% stock jetting...and stock plug (BR8es)

i was running BR9's when i was fouling (1 step colder)

i think i got my air/fuel screw set correctly finally, and she idles better, did a test run and the bike felt strong...but here is a pic of my plug.

as you can see the tip is a little bit white, is this ok? is it too lean? i really am not sure how much richer i can make it. i have the air pilot screwed in pretty far, maybe 1/2-3/4 turn left to be in all the way.

as you can see, the plug is just a little white, i just want to make sure this is OK.

3290a5e310.jpg

14c0e5856a.jpg

77a3e60fe9.jpg

Your going about this all wrong. Your trying to mask your air leak with rich jetting...Start over..Just because you replaced something or adjusted something doesn't mean you did it right..the 2 stroke engine is as easy as it gets...

Your going about this all wrong. Your trying to mask your air leak with rich jetting...Start over..Just because you replaced something or adjusted something doesn't mean you did it right..the 2 stroke engine is as easy as it gets...

you're right.

tomorrow i will try to spray the gaskest with wd40 an see if i can find the leak, if not ill run a leakdown test.

argh i just wanna ride :< i think ive pulled this bike completely apart in the last 3 weeks

you're right.

tomorrow i will try to spray the gaskest with wd40 an see if i can find the leak, if not ill run a leakdown test.

argh i just wanna ride :< i think ive pulled this bike completely apart in the last 3 weeks

Dont worry about it we've all been there...Once you figure it out you'll be relieved and shocked how easy a fix it was...

well guys, i sprayed around every gasket i can see...and absolutely no increase in revs, or change at all.

it really idles nicely, and after taking it around the block, it bogged just EVER SO SLIGHTLY when it was cold, nothing to even notice....

it wasn't even 100% warmed up...after that first accel it ran like a raped ape...

checked the plug and it was dry as anything, and the slightest bit of white...

i really think its actually OK, and after doing all this stuff...the only thing i needed was a hotter (stock) plug ­čĹŹ

the engine is also still running nice & cool (not even really that hot to the touch), so im not in danger of overheating or anything...my plug is just a tiny bit white when i top it out.

this will help.

http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/articles/2001/baseline/baseline.php

one trick that works to tell which way to go on the pilot is to get the bike warm and cleaned out. come to a stop and hit the choke for just a second, then take off hard (choke off)......it gets pretty obious if you are fat or lean.

def a good tip, but based on the fcat that mu plug is nice & dry now, and shes still not overheating....i think i got it dialed in good.

ill prolly try that test anyway for good measure