Sign in to follow this  

40+ MotoXers

Just got back into riden afer 20 years. Today was my frist time on a moto X track in the same amout of time. Other than the major arm pump I felt prity good, that is untill some kid on a KTM 60 flew by me.

I want to start racing again I know I have allot of time before I am race ready. I turn 40 in a couple of months, how many of you guys out there still race over the age of 40...........Just courious.

I'm 54 and still go out there, it is more fun now the it was 30 yrs ago.

I still do it but now I try to avoid the series that run EVERY weekend. It gets old (no pun intended) after a while. I race with several guys in the +50 class that are mid to late 50's and still riding very well!

yeah in utah the over 40 class is pretty darn fast,btw i am 49 and race desert and motocross,age is only a number brudah!!!

47 and now its for the fun of it. Have to say I do enjoy it now more than I did when I was in my 20s. Just wish I didn't have to go to work on Mondays 🙂. I sure don't tell my Wife when I'm sore and beat up 👍 I'm fed up with the old man jokes🤣

I rstarted racing about 8-10 times a year when I turned 40. I just separated my should and broke 4 ribs in a first turn pile up 3 weeks ago. Thinking about just riding for fun now. Hopefully I'll feel different after the pain is gone though.

Edited by pingman

around here and most places 40+ one of the tougher classes

I'll vouch for that!! Kentucky is where I go to get a barometer of how fast/slow I've gotten.

I'm 41, going on my 3rd year of racing after a 24 year "break". I love it more now than I did when I was a kid.

Wish there was an East Coast version of this!

You could be the person for the job. 👍

have fun... And most of these guys won't use you as a berm.

That's the truth! 👍

Everyone wants to be walking on Monday and everyone over 40 knows, it takes TWICE as long to heal and get the soreness out.

Just turned 45 riding and racing every chance I get. As one guy posted, the 40+ class is one of the toughest but also the most fun..... just try not to limp while in sight of the wife b/c you are sore!

I'm 47, race occasionally, when the field doesn't look like a bunch of hoo-haas.

I pretty much raced consistently until I was 41-42. I think I just got tired of the Brady Bunch out there making the trails about as safe as a Southern California Freeway.