Sign in to follow this  

to big for a 2 stroke

im 5'11 close to 200 with gear and i was wondering if a 125 two stroke is to small for me. Im going to be working out and hopefully lose like 20 pounds with in the next few months.

You're way too big if you're getting it to race on.

If you aren't racing it, it'll be fine.

Edit: and by too big, I mean weight wise.

ya its for my dads but ill ride it sometimes and hes the same weight as me, and hes not into racing so just some track and trail days for fun so it should be alright right. Also is there anyway to get more bottom end besides pipes.

Edited by brandon29

stop joking man. get a bigger bike. i'm 200 and i would never consider a tiny bike like that

Don't listen to that guy ^^ 125's teach good skills needed to ride on a dirtbike. Like proper clutch control, and 125's have plenty of power, and are the same size as 250's

well thats what i ride now is a 2007 kx250f and my dad just wants something cheap and easy to fix and i want him to get one to make me a better rider.👍

I'm 255 and can have fun on an xr80, although I prefer my 250 2 smoker for racing, and am drooling over the idea of a sportsman 500 class bike(I race vintage).

I was looking at a YZ 125, 04... and I looked it up...the little 195# bike has 33 HP! The only thing that worries me is that you have to really be on the throttle to get that HP or torque out of it....

The 125's are not so easy to ride. They are work but your dad will do fine on one. But for the same money a 250 2st would be better. If he wants to play ride the KTM's will last without fouling plugs but then any 2st jetted right will do that.

I was looking at a YZ 125, 04... and I looked it up...the little 195# bike has 33 HP! The only thing that worries me is that you have to really be on the throttle to get that HP or torque out of it....

yes, very very true. Im 6' 4" 190 and I ride my little bro's 99 yz 125 every so often. It will move me around the track or the sand dunes even with a paddle tire fairly quickly, but i got that bad boy wide open the whole time. the 6 speed gearbox on that particular bike helps as well.