Is Front Light Always, Always on?

Thing is i have had some issues with the electric system of my SM and im trying to figure out what is really happening.

Bike died once, i took it to the "workshop" (place you take your bike to be fixed 👍) and they said it was some cable wich wasnt connected properly, bike was fine after they "fixed it, then some days later same thing happened took it to the workshop again, and then again they said it was soemthing regarding some of the connections and cables under the headlight. Im not very happy with this answer, so im trying to figure out what is really happening. I noticed my front light is off sometimes for the first seconds i start the bike, and then after i ride some meters light is on, so i wanted to know if this is normal or if this might be a symptom of another issue. Any thoughts are very appreciated.

Thx in advanced.

No, that is not right.

First of all, details differ on location of sale. Some headlights are on all the time, (never off except with key off). Some have a headlight switch. You can choose to turn on or off. Some go off when the start button is pressed and go back on when the button is released. But none would be off until the bike is ridden a few meters.

It sounds like you do have a wire connection problem that is not yet correctly fixed. Look for pinched wires around the steering head. Or perhaps the start button is not returning all the way. If the light goes out when the start button is pressed, the light should come back on as soon as the button is released.