still struggling on getting my bike to start...

Alright...I still am unable to get my damn bike going. I switched to a Webcam that used the stock decompression mechanism, unlike the hotcam I tried. I put everything back together today and went to start it up, but it never started. It did have spark and was getting fuel...100% positive on that...

It was weird because it was like the bike would almost start every time it turned over, but it never would actually start up fully. I could hear it firing and everything, it just never started. My only guess is that I should take the camshaft cover back off and rotate the camshaft 180 degrees?? Maybe I installed the camshaft upside down or something?? Would that cause it not to run? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Help me before I end up going insane!! Thanks...

It sounds like you need to go back threw it and make sure everything is right. Make sure the valves are adjusted right. When you have the engine on the compresion stroke both valves should be closed.

When I bought my 650r it was making a pecking sound in the top end. When I tore into it the auto decompresion system had failed and was holding the exhaust valve open to long when the valves where adjusted to spec. I removed the auto decompresion system, welded up the oil holes in the cam and never looked back. I just use the decomp lever to start it.

I dont have any other way to take the compression off of the engine besides the decomp mechanism on the cam. I just cant seem to get the damn thing started. I've tried to think about it and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find anything wrong...

It has compression. It turns over fine with the starter, and it has fuel and spark too. I'm thinking I may have installed the new WebCam in upside down...I'll check later unless there's something else I'm missing...

got it going finally. I took the cam back out and re-checked everything i could think of and put it back together. somehow it just worked this time! all i gotta do is break in the new cam and it will be ready to roll!