Sign in to follow this  

125 pouring gas out over flow? stuck float??

put my 06 125 all back together and as soon as I turn the gas on it pours out of the carb houses onto the floor I have never messed with a carb before so whats causing this is the float just stuck?

This happened on my 08 YZ125, the little spring plunger on the needle&seat was stuck. Cleaned it with carb cleaner, works now.

alright well I didn't drain it before last winter forgot about it while I was tearing down my bike so its most likely gummed up and the floats stuck I would assume going to take apart and clean it tomorrow

I would start by tapping on the bowl with a wrench. Sometimes that frees up the float and all is good afterwards

I would start by tapping on the bowl with a wrench. Sometimes that frees up the float and all is good afterwards

im going to try that today after i drain the carb since everyones saying to do that then tap it see how that goes

im going to try that today after i drain the carb since everyones saying to do that then tap it see how that goes

Try it both ways. Do it with the bowl full first and if that doesn't work, then try it after draining the bowl