Warrior idles but wont rev uppp....

Ok, so I bought a 98 Warrior a few days ago and when I showed up the dude already had it running for me (shady) and it was idling real high like it had a vacuum leak, but it revved up ok so I took it for a spin to make sure the tranny was ok, which it was. I then shut it off and went to the auto shop next door to borrow a can of carb clean to hunt for the vacuum leak. I start it back up and its idling fine...perfect even, but when you hit the throttle it falls on its face. If you hold it open it dies. So I buy it for a few bills less than the asking price figuring its a carb issue. I get it home, pull the carb, go through it and the only problem I find is the choke is really dirty. A bunch of dirt in behind the plunger. Thats it though. All the circuits are clean. The clip on the needle is in the middle, it has a 145 main jet when stock is 125, the pilot jet is stock, it has a big gun exhaust and a pro designs filter kit on it. I know its running rich, and it has fouled the plug once so far. I would like to put the stock main back in it and see what happens, but I dont really think its gonna change much. The mix screw is out 1 turn right now, but I have had it from 3/4-1 1/2 and it makes no difference. PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!

The pilot jet doesnt affect fuel delivery past idle. Damn get your sh*t right before you go trying to fix peoples sh*t heres the run down pilot jet is from idle to 25% throttle. Needle is 25-75% throttle and Main jet takes care of the rest. I am losing hope with this 4 stroke community that praises itself on membership and comradery that has yet to surprise me. Where are the old dudes that know a ton because of experience?!?!

The pilot jet doesnt affect fuel delivery past idle.

Yes it does. You even posted is works up to 1/4 throttle opening.

Damn get your sh*t right before you go trying to fix peoples sh*t heres the run down pilot jet is from idle to 25% throttle. Needle is 25-75% throttle and Main jet takes care of the rest.

Sounds like you have it all figured out.🤣

I am losing hope with this 4 stroke community that praises itself on membership and comradery that has yet to surprise me. Where are the old dudes that know a ton because of experience?!?!

Maybe they would rather not deal with your peachy attitude.👍

97zjguy it seems you know it all, but you really know nothing at all. Go back to school and learn to read all about jetting and adjusting air/fuel screws and you will find I am right and you are again wrong and know nothing....good luck!

Yes it getting fuel, petcock isnt plugged, I mentioned I went through the carb, float is right. wow When I fix it I will be sure to post what took care of it. Thank you all soo much for the positive direction.

Edited by 97zjguy

• 3 months later...