Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx250f gearing?

hey guys i need a little help. my cousin just got a kx250f a couple months ago, and the gearing is terrible for the trail riding that we do. the bike will not climb anything without stalling time after time. At first i thought it was because my cousin was new to riding, but i rode it today and it was just as bad for me. it has the stock front sprocket and a 48 tooth rear sprocket. what should i change the sprockets to in order to have a good trail bike? 👍

You have other problems.No one else has ever mentioned this and I find it hard to believe that out of 5 gears you can't find one of them to climb a hill without stalling. First off how slow are you trying to climb a hill?

You have other problems.No one else has ever mentioned this and I find it hard to believe that out of 5 gears you can't find one of them to climb a hill without stalling. First off how slow are you trying to climb a hill?

Yep, my 07 has stock gearing and gets up hills fine. I round you do have to use the clutch a bit (you should always have one or two fingers on the lever), but you do on pretty much most bikes. It's an MX bike not a tractor.

all i know is ive rode all my life and have never had a bike that was so hard to ride trails with. In 1st gear the bike will not go up an incline without being almost full throttle. My crf250x will go anywhere with ease and i want my cousins bike to be the same.

for sure something else wrong.. my guess is jetting. I can lug almost stall in 2nd but it still climbs right up hills. If you're running into trouble in 1st there's gotta be something else wrong

Put on a 49 or 50 tooth rear sprocket and put in a #42 pilot jet and set the fuel screw at 2,5 turns out.

And use less oil on the air filter...👍