How to clean really muddy gear

We have all had really bad muddy gear. When its the only time you got to ride, are you going to stay home just over a little mud? No. I would like to know for myself and for the new riders who are trying to make the gear last as long as we can and still look good on the track. So does anyone have any home grown tricks for getting the mud stains out?

I have used Simple Green, Baking Soda, Salt, Oxi Clean, Dawn Dish soap, and good old fashion elbow grease.

Lets hear it, what is your best way to cut the mud and keep the colors? 👍

I had a really muddy race lately, and I mean muddy. It took over an hour just to clean my bike. I took all of my gear out, pant's,shirt, chest protector, boot's, helmet and gloves, I layed them all out on the concrete and power washed everything. I got all the mud off and wrung out all the clothes, went home and left all the gear out I couldn't wash to let it air dry and washed all the clothes. Everything is just as good as it was, and the boot's look better because I have never power washed them before. That's what worked for me. Good luck...

Take multi pairs and change between motos on muddy days. Throw dirty ones in plastic bag and when home lay'm on the ground and hose most off. Then take'm and throw'm in the wife's washing machine.............insert ear plugs. 👍

Take multi pairs and change between motos on muddy days. Throw dirty ones in plastic bag and when home lay'm on the ground and hose most off. Then take'm and throw'm in the wife's washing machine.............insert ear plugs.🤣

I heard men have DIED for less than that!!! I hit the laundramat because I don't have ear plugs. 👍

For pants/jersey. I hose them ofo and then run them through a long washing machine cycle.

For helmet/goggles. That is for cleaning with a little water, cleaner, wrags, ect.

For boots. I will pressure wash the bottoms of them and then start scrubbing them with some gentle soap and brush. Hose again, dry, and then I will actually get a wrag with some carpet cleaner and go to town on them. It cleans whatever you missed, it gets deep stains out, and leaves a glossy finish on them.