edelbrok carb question.

first big ride today on my new xr4. over all i was happy, but the edelbrock carb gave me some frustration.

after the bike has been running hard for a while the carb wants to "run on" when i let off. i checked to make sure the grip was closing the linkage all the way and checek for air leaks. everything checked out fine.

this is new to me and i dont know anything about the bike or carb, so im going to dowload a manual on the carb and pull it tomorrow, just wanted to get the problem ot there and see if anyone knows whats going on!

Is the linkage returning slow or is it not returning to idle after the throttle is infact closed?

My Edelbrock wouldn't return as fast as I wanted it to so I wound the return spring once more around. The throttle is a little stiffer than ideal but the bike throttle returns like it should.

first big ride today on my new xr4. over all i was happy, but the edelbrock carb gave me some frustration.

after the bike has been running hard for a while the carb wants to "run on" when i let off. i checked to make sure the grip was closing the linkage all the way and checek for air leaks. everything checked out fine.

this is new to me and i dont know anything about the bike or carb, so im going to dowload a manual on the carb and pull it tomorrow, just wanted to get the problem ot there and see if anyone knows whats going on!

yes it is returning completely, but i am going to tighten the spring up as well.

In the manual it mentions that if the needle position is too lean (knob on top) the idle can be erratic. I know mine did this and turning the knob a few more clicks richer help settle it down. The position of the needle adjusts the mixture from the idle position to the 1/3 ~1/2 throttle position and the needle does the rest.