Sign in to follow this  

loudest exhaust for xr4

Hands down the pipe D&D makes for the XR400. I had the carbon fiber pipe they make and later sold it cause that thing was freakin loud.

Word of the wise, you do not want a loud pipe, it will only hurt all of us in the long run.

Word of the wise, you do not want a loud pipe, it will only hurt all of us in the long run.

Amen...anyone looking for the "loudest pipe" doesn't understand the fight we have for keeping riding areas around.

Loud doesn't = performance.

I'm with those guys. ^^

I've got an old megaphone 4" racing series supertrapp and there really is a point where loud is just loud and no more power is being made. It's surprising how respectable this system can be while still making max power.

Loud pipes suck! They don't make the bike perform better, and just annoy everybody, including those you ride with. It's like the kids who put those coffee can mufflers on an economy 4 banger car. The only people who think its cool is the moron behind the wheel revving it out and making the rest of the population hate him. Ebay has a cheap FMF PC4 for $230 = best bang for your buck.

Heinz also makes a very loud pipe. Although the installation of the rear baffle can be a little tricky: 👍

loudbike.jpg

no, no on the loud pipes. if you value riding your dirt bike at all you need to be respectful. believe it or not those bikes you here doing motocross that sound so awesome are now required to be 96db. they still sound incredible just not as ear shattering. my xr's only pipe is a great pipe, but it is loud in small areas. I bought a quiet core for it and that brings it down to a reasonable level when i am in the tight woods. even with the QC out it still isn't as loud as some of the older exhausts on the race bikes. i am probably approaching a 98-100 dB with the QC out and 94 or so with it in. I think one of the best pipes for the xr400 is the XR's only oval-case pipe. My dad has one (I have the round style) and it works and sounds fantastic. yeah it's louder than stock, but it isn't as loud as some of those rev-limiter bouncing 450 race bikes with race exhaust. has a kind of unique expansion chamber/megaphone deal before it goes in the muffler. stainless steel construction. and there is an available quiet core! 👍

P1000015.jpg

thanks for the info, but do want a loud pipe. i dont ride in areas that im not supposed to so haveing a loud exhaust is not an issue.

my wife has a loud pipe on her bike and when i get to far ahead of her on the trails i can shut mine off and hear her coming. so there is more to it then just being obnoxious. i want something that sounds strong and loud. my whitebros is way to mild.

thanks for the info, but do want a loud pipe. i dont ride in areas that im not supposed to so haveing a loud exhaust is not an issue.

my wife has a loud pipe on her bike and when i get to far ahead of her on the trails i can shut mine off and hear her coming. so there is more to it then just being obnoxious. i want something that sounds strong and loud. my whitebros is way to mild.

In the bigger picture of things having a loud exhaust is an issue. Riding areas are being shut down due to noise, and this is a battle that is happening all over the country.

Which white brother pipe do you have................everyone I have heard is loud with the exception of the E2, but it is loud with the quiet core removed.

I used to want a loud pipe as well...........and did have one and thought it was bad ass. I later came tot he realization that it was stupid and sold the pipe and am now running the WB E2. So I can see your point, but is it really worth it?

Now that makes a lot of sense. 🙂👍🤣

Loud pipes do not save lives.....they are just that, i.e. loud and obnoxious.

Loud pipes risk rights. Even though you are riding in an ATV park or somewhere similar you still should have a quiet pipe. Depending on the agency, state or federal there still is a maximum dB level even if it isn't enforced in your area right now. That will change, even if you are on private land if you annoy enough people local governments can affect your right with restrictive zoning ordinances.

If you can hear your wife's bike from far away just think about how many other people can hear it too. Oregon has about 50% more area and about 25% of the population compared to Florida and there are still very few areas where you can go and not be heard by somebody who may not like ATVs or offroad motorcycles.

Please get educated and get yourself, your wife and your friends quiet.

From the AMA website under Florida state laws:

On and after July 1, 2008, off-highway vehicles, when operating shall be equipped with a silencer or other device which limits sound emissions. Exhaust noise must not exceed 96 decibels in the A-weighting scale for vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1986, or 99 decibels in the A-weighting scale for vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1986, when measured from a distance of 20 inches using test procedures established by the Society of Automotive Engineers under Standard J-1287.

Spark arrestors are also required.

Link to entire page:

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=FL

Noise issues aside, and I agree with all the other guys on here about our responsibilities, an open "raspy" pipe sounds like crap and usually makes less power than a modern "Quiet" pipe like my Q4 on my current YZ.

Loud pipes suck! They don't make the bike perform better, and just annoy everybody, including those you ride with. It's like the kids who put those coffee can mufflers on an economy 4 banger car. The only people who think its cool is the moron behind the wheel revving it out and making the rest of the population hate him. Ebay has a cheap FMF PC4 for $230 = best bang for your buck.

Heinz also makes a very loud pipe. Although the installation of the rear baffle can be a little tricky: 🤣

loudbike.jpg

🙂🤣:applause:👍

I have a xr4 with just a stock pipe and it is pretty loud if you remove the baffle. but then if you are in a more populated area you just have to put 3 bolts in and you have a quite pipe again.

when i had my old xr4 i was content with the stock pipe and baffel removed. it wasnt the loudest pipe out there, but sounded good.

i have the white bros e2, and its not enough. it sounds like it is smothering the engine.

i understand that loud exhaust can be a problem. i live in an area that people ride the local trails late at night with obnoxious exhaust systems. thats what ruins local riding. but at an establishment/off road park national forrest etc, there is no problem with having a loud exhaust IMO, however i will follow any enforced rules.

national parks and designated off-road areas are EXACTLY the places you need to have respect for your surroundings and keept quiete! You haven't listed any practical reason to have a loud pipe...if horsepower and performance were you main aims you wouldn't be on an XR4...sounds to me like you just like to be loud...and obnoxious...like it's "cool" or somethihng.

Oh great the noise police are out again. 👍

Get the pipe you want, they aren't going to stop shutting down places if we all get quiet pipes. 🤣

You know what I don't like about loud pipes is my ears ringing...to hell with everyone else.

WHAT!?! CAN YOU SPEAK UP? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LET ME TURN UP MY HEARING AID.

;-)

If the guy really was concerned about hearing his wife, he would spend the pipe money on a couple helmet radios. he just thinks loud is cool. tick off some more hikers who will file complaints. that is all we need.