Sign in to follow this  

03 Honda Superhawk

I recently found a 2003 honda superhawk reasonably priced and with very low miles. Does anyone here have experience with the superhawk? If so is there anything I should look at on the bike or any common problems? I took It for a short little sprint up the road and it feels smooth and powerfull. (im used to dirt bikes though:smirk:) so I don't exactly know much about street bikes.

I don't know a whole lot about the super hawk other than it's a great all around bike. Since it's a Honda, it should be very reliable and that V-twin torque is just to die for! I have an SV1000S which is very similar, just with "Suzuki" stamped on it instead of Honda. Very similar power between the bikes. The only drawback on the Honda is that it's carbed. Then again, it's much cheaper to rejet for more power if need be then it is for a power commander.

Got any pics? I think you will love the bike, congratulations!

I do not have any pics of the bike itself but it is just the candy blue superhawk. the only modification is D&D slip-on's.

I had a SuperHawk that I bought from a salvage yard, previous owner ran into some street sign and destroyed the front fairing. I replaced with round headlight, radiators and some clip-ons and rode it for few thousand miles befor selling it for more than I bough it. Great fun bike, rock solid engine, somewhat weak suspension if you push the pace, but well mannored and easy to ride. if price is right, these bikes are great buys.

DSC03003.JPG

DSC03002.JPG

I had a 1998 "Chickenhawk". It was a lot of fun. It has tons of torque. The suspension and brakes are okay. The automatic cam chain tensioner is known to fail so you'll want to replace it with a manual cam chain tensioner. APE makes one for like 50 bucks. You'll get around 100 miles per tank depending on your riding style so going on long cruises requires frequent gas stops. The 2003 model has an updated (digital) dash. The bike is carbureted. Mine stalled every now and then but no big deal. I had a two bro's full system. I got compliments everywhere. The bike sounds mean and pulls hard out of corners. I would recommend it. My brother just picked up a 2003 SV1000S, also cool.

I had a SuperHawk that I bought from a salvage yard, previous owner ran into some street sign and destroyed the front fairing. I replaced with round headlight, radiators and some clip-ons and rode it for few thousand miles befor selling it for more than I bough it. Great fun bike, rock solid engine, somewhat weak suspension if you push the pace, but well mannored and easy to ride. if price is right, these bikes are great buys.

DSC03003.JPG

DSC03002.JPG

Dude, nice conversion! I always wanted to do that to mine. How much did it cost you in parts to do it (radiator, lights, etc).

DSC03003.JPG

DSC03002.JPG

I kinda like that "naked bike" look!... the superhawk is already half naked though:smirk: