2006 crf250x power hesitation from idle

The engine exhibits a hesitation when advancing throttle from idle. This is followed by a surge of power from the slightly advanced throttle . Idle ok at 1700 rpm, Pilot screw set at 2 1/4 turns out, throttle free play to specs. When cold with choke on rpm increase is smooth and follows throttle advancement. Would changing the slow jet from the stock #40 to a #45

eliminate the hesitation. Suggestions please.

dc welder

Starting in '07 the X came stock with an accelerator pump to fix this very thing. Prior to that you had to do whats called the O ring mod. Look it up.

I know it was detailed in the JD Jet Kit instructions. In fact that kit was the best money I ever spent on my bike. I have the O ring still in my kit because its not needed on the '07. Its nothing fancy though, I believe its used as a rubber band to hold something back and not as an actual O ring seal.

Sorry I can't provide more but its been years now since I did it to mine.

If you get stuck PM me and I can send you a scan on the instructions and if you really need it I can send you the left over O ring from my kit.

Thank your for your suggestion. I do have the 2004-2006 Honda shop manual and it appears that the accelerator pump is already incorporated in the 06 carburetor. So, the hunt continues.

dc welder

Thats odd. One of RAMZ's bullet points for the changes from '06 to '07 highlights the pump.

http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250Xx0607.htm

"- Carburetor features new accelerator pump and linkage for improved throttle response."

Could have sworn I read that starting '07 you no longer needed to do the O ring mod to but I could be wrong. Could have been '06 though I guess.