Sign in to follow this  

making a 300 feel narrower

g'day gentlemen, compared to my other bikes my 300 has always felt a bit fat, however i recently bought a pair of knee braces and am now thinking it's just to much with them on, i find it hard to grip the bike when leaning forward, what are the options out there for making it feel narrower around the seat/tank junction? also somthing to make it easier to grip the fuel tank when leaning forward, getting onto it off of my 250F i feel as though i can't grip the bloody thing which doesnt make me happy:foul:

g'day gentlemen, compared to my other bikes my 300 has always felt a bit fat, however i recently bought a pair of knee braces and am now thinking it's just to much with them on, i find it hard to grip the bike when leaning forward, what are the options out there for making it feel narrower around the seat/tank junction? also somthing to make it easier to grip the fuel tank when leaning forward, getting onto it off of my 250F i feel as though i can't grip the bloody thing which doesnt make me happy:foul:

That's strange, I feel like my ktm is very narrow!

09, i thought afterwards that i probably should have added that little bit of info lol

hmmmm.....my 05 300 looks way narrower than my 09 but only from mid tank forward to the end of the shrouds. otherwise pretty narrow where you sit/stand and grip.

Joe

You should ride a XR650L with an Acerbis 5.8 tank on it for a year, like I did, then hop on the 300. The 300 will seem like an anorexic Don Knotts on speed.👍

After every ride on the XR, my knees would hurt for a week, I ended up wearing neoprene braces for support and it helped a bit. Now that I'm riding the 300 more, my knees have never hurt, even after a 120 mile ride.

I don't find the 300 wide at all, it actually feels quite ergonomic for me.

try some of the PG gripper graphics. I have a 08 KTM 300 and an 08 CRF 450, I dont think the KTM feels any wider then the Honda. Dose it have the stock tank on it?

try some of the PG gripper graphics. I have a 08 KTM 300 and an 08 CRF 450, I dont think the KTM feels any wider then the Honda. Dose it have the stock tank on it?

stock tank and seat, however my other bike is an 09 KX250F with a cut down seat and narrower tank (previous owner had the tank cut and re-welded to suite the narrower seat), i do similar hours one each bike and getting off the 250 and onto the 300 just gives me the feeling of it being fat, i'd get used to it if i only rode the 300 but that's not gonna happen (race mx on the 250, and enduro/off road on the 300).