Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke wheelie practice

Nice wheelies.what size is your back/front sprockets?you riding in 2nd or 3th gear?

thanks 👍 Most of the wheelies are in 3rd gear (just starting to get the hang of changing gears while up on one) and the sprockets are stock.

balance wheelies are the best :thumbsup:I only managing to do power wheelies for now,need more practice 👍:ride:

Sweet wheelies looks like you have good control of them

thanks mxkid🤣 control is still not perfect, but with time all will be well 👍

i have no idea how to do wheelies on my 2 smoker. its a 150, any tips? i can do power wheelies in 2nd gear, but i want to learn how to do balance ones

hey talkinghamster, generally wheeling a 2 stroke is a lot harder then 4 stroke due to no engine braking and somewhat unpredictable throttle response, 4 stroke riders can get away with a lot more🤣 The best piece of advice i can give you is to make covering the rear brake second nature, for me it is the most important thing while practicing balance wheelies as it protects me from ass rash :applause: find yourself a nice field and practice clutching up into a wheelie and tapping the rear brake to bring it back down, each time make the wheelie higher and higher. i recommend a field as when i used to practice, sometimes i panicked and my feet would automatically come off the pegs and my rear fender payed for the mistakes 🙂 once you are friends with the rear brake you can take your wheelies as high as you want, steady throttle and clutch control are needed but as long as rear brake is covered you should be fine. i like to clutch it up to the point where barely any throttle is needed and then just work the rear brake and clutch. Hope my english isnt too bad and hope to see a wheelie vid by you soon 👍

Practice makes perfect

hey talkinghamster, generally wheeling a 2 stroke is a lot harder then 4 stroke due to no engine braking and somewhat unpredictable throttle response, 4 stroke riders can get away with a lot more🤣 The best piece of advice i can give you is to make covering the rear brake second nature, for me it is the most important thing while practicing balance wheelies as it protects me from ass rash :applause: find yourself a nice field and practice clutching up into a wheelie and tapping the rear brake to bring it back down, each time make the wheelie higher and higher. i recommend a field as when i used to practice, sometimes i panicked and my feet would automatically come off the pegs and my rear fender payed for the mistakes 🙂 once you are friends with the rear brake you can take your wheelies as high as you want, steady throttle and clutch control are needed but as long as rear brake is covered you should be fine. i like to clutch it up to the point where barely any throttle is needed and then just work the rear brake and clutch. Hope my english isnt too bad and hope to see a wheelie vid by you soon 👍

Practice makes perfect

haha couldnt agree with you more about the four stroke thing! your english was spot on, and thanks for the tips, im gonna try that!

hehe 👍 a rev and quick clutch dump usually has the smokers pointing sky high🤣 it shouldnt be any different on your 250f (balance wheelies are a dream on 250 4 strokes ) instead of powering into a wheelie pick a gear and ride in low rpm, rev it up with the clutch and then release while giving the handlebars a slight tug, also sit further back on the seat then you normally would while riding and keep the rear brake covered.

nice, i just switched from a 4 stroke to a cr250 and i am having to relearn how to do wheelies

its much more difficult, for me atleast

what year cr? once you get good at the 2 stroke switching to 4 stroke is cake.