Back........

Just thought I'd say hello again.

I was posting a little bit on this board a while ago, but I've been off the bike for around 18 months or so, so not really had much to say.

Last ride I was in the French Alps and tackling some some pretty long climbs, basically up ski pistes in summertime. I was having some good success actually and my new found cockiness led me to try a VERY long and very steep in sections climb,which didn't end particularly well. I lost control on the first steep section and the bike bucked and flipped. Rather than getting nailed in the head by it, I chose to throw it over my head and then have to stand there and watch it cartwheel all the way down to where I started - maybe 50 yards or more....

So that was my day over. Thankfully, it was the second to last day before I came home so the trip wasn't wasted overall.

Once home, I stripped the bike and checked the damage. I'm guessing because these bikes are light, and maybe a little luck also, the damage wasn't as bad as I first thought - bars, levers, throttle, grips, fenders, and rear silencer.

However, my work situation was looking unstable so I chose to park the bike and not spend any money just yet. As it turns out, my work dried up, and I've suffered badly from then (summer 08) till this February where I've finally got myself a fulltime job again. I'd been collecting parts along the way, birthday gifts/ebay bargains etc, so a couple of paychecks later I'm able to put my sorry old bike back together last week.

So nice to be putt-putting around on it again. I've renewed the membership to my private spot locally and will be riding next week for sure.

Happy days.

Happy Easter! 👍

TwoBobRob, glad to hear you getting back up. I was layed off last year from april to october. I had shoulder surgury(rotator cuff) in the begining of may and had my first kid in june. Needless to say I didn't ride that much either. Things turn around, now I'm trying to make up for lost riding time. Welcome back.

Sounds like a gnarly trip down for the bike.

Glad you're getting back on your feet and bike.

My surgery in February that was supposed to be healed in 4 weeks, and I should have been back to my old self, has turned into 2 months of hell. 4th doctor so far, and enough pills to kill a horse, and still feel like crap. It hurts to see the bike and two gallons of fresh premix just sitting there.

Two more doctor visits this week. I'm starting to get a little edgy. I don't think I can hold back the foul language much longer. 👍

Sorry, I had to vent a little.

No worries - get it all out!

I've had some bad news this year, whilst my knee reconstruction has been successful, it would seem that the surgery did a good job of firing up a hefty amount of arthritis...

Enough for both my surgeon and physio to say to me "good luck, you're on your own now".

So, now I have a definitive answer as to why I have so much pain and stiffness, and why I can't build muscle around the knee.

What this all means to me though, is that I'm going to relax about the whole thing, listen to my knee and treat/rest it when it needs it. All the rest of the time, I'll be riding my Mont, or my BMX bike, or my snowboard. I'm done obsessing about the whole thing.

Ride on 👍

So I toddled off to my riding spot yesterday, my how things have changed since I was last there. The spot has been handed down to the grandson who's keen to improve and promote the spot. It now has a selection of large tyres in all mannner of random positions, some cable reel structures and some holes/ trenches dug out.

I got the chance to talk with the new owner and he has promised a machine for a few days to shape some climbs and lips etc, and some concrete to form some permanent stuff too.

Looks like I'm really going to have to learn how to ride this thing eh?

So I toddled off to my riding spot yesterday, my how things have changed since I was last there. The spot has been handed down to the grandson who's keen to improve and promote the spot. It now has a selection of large tyres in all mannner of random positions, some cable reel structures and some holes/ trenches dug out.

I got the chance to talk with the new owner and he has promised a machine for a few days to shape some climbs and lips etc, and some concrete to form some permanent stuff too.

Looks like I'm really going to have to learn how to ride this thing eh?

Wow, I could be so Lucky!🤣 How have they handled the issue of insurance, etc. or has that just not been addresses? I'm still looking for a place here in MT to ride where I can set up a mini course or use natural terrain. 👍