Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota 2010-04-03: this week we checked out New Ulm's moto track

We came, we saw, we had fun!

It was kinda windy yesterday... gusty... it didn't matter on most of the jumps, that place is kinda in a valley, so it wasn't too bad.

I'm blaming my crappy camera positioning on the fact that this is my second ride this year, and first helmet cam in over a year. I'll fix it for next time! Here are the continuing adventures of myself, the Scoops, and a toad who I protected from traffic and quickly became a friend.

When we first showed up the track was freshly watered and we were the first ones there! Felt like a full-factory rider for a few minutes anyway.

Also the "Shell's" (sp?) brewery is in New Ulm...? I was thinking we need to stop and try some. It might be good "fresh"!

Dude!! That was totally a toad! hehehe 👍

Looks like ya had fun🤣

Looks like there may be a rock or two at that track! I thought Scoops was on a 450 last year but I see he's on a 250 now.

Charlie and I went to Hurricane Hills. I know what you're talking about with the wind - it was a little sketchy at times when getting some air.

Gotta replace my front tube and get ready for this coming week-end!

Where to??????

👍 yes I thought the toad thing was good humor! Forgot I was taping when I shooed him off the track, thought it was funny later.

Scoops was on a 450 two years ago (last year I didn't ride, that was his first year on his CRF250R). He really liked his 450, but it's a bit much at places like the sandbox, and even overkill for most moto tracks (there are exceptions, like Wheeler or Spring Creek). He always had fun riding my 250F, and was able to go just as fast, but for longer, so he finally made the switch.

I think now the only place he wants the power is the starts; after that, having a 250F is awesome. His suspension is still stock, and beating up his hands pretty bad. A revalve is in order, then his bike is going to be a weapon! That thing is pretty quick for a 250F (and it's all stock).

Gotta replace my front tube and get ready for this coming week-end!

I MAY have a new front tube in a box Matt.

I could easily be persuaded to cut you a deal on it.

FREE DELIVERY as well. I will be hitting up Bobs Cycle on Wednesday.

Is the uphill/downhill sections still hardpacked and uneven, or have they been groomed recently? That was my only complaint about that track with a quad. Those areas were seldom maintained.

Haha, you trying to pawn off the 10lb tube again? 👍

Is the uphill/downhill sections still hardpacked and uneven, or have they been groomed recently? That was my only complaint about that track with a quad. Those areas were seldom maintained.

hmmmm... by the end of the day, the first "step-up the hill" was getting uneven due to everyone taking the same line up the hill... hard pack... I'm trying to think... not really, kinda loose stuff in the corners. I can see where it has potential though. He watered throughout the day as well. He had watered the whole track in the morning, but it got dusty pretty quickly in the afternoon. He would go out and water sections throughout the day.

Hmm this is less then a half hour from my house. I dont normaly ride much dirtbike in summer but ill have to go check this out. I want to get in good shape going into next winter. Maybe this Thursday ill ride there.

Well, I picked up 2 new tubes at Bob's last night. You better keep your extra "vintage 1974" tube in case you get a flat at the track.

You're welcome to stop on over for a Leinies HW if you're in my neighborhood after 6:15 or so...