Sign in to follow this  

Suspension help for 09 xc-f 450

Just bought 09 xc-f 450 first ride this weekend, the supension was terrible I adjusted the clickers to stock settings. I am two heavy for the stock spring by about 10 lbs with gear on. So this means I could not set ride height according to manual. 76/250 is the spring the manual says I need,is that not the stock xc-f 250 spring? I also could not get the bike to stick in corners at all. I came of a 07 crf 450r are the ktms that much to get used too?

Thanks for any help.

yep, spring rate, recommend a progressive for the shock, you probably only need a rear shock spring. I suggest a re-valve also. Im 210 and didnt change the fork spring from stock, did a progressive rear, re-valve, mid-valve and a a shock bladder conversion.

Dont worry all the 09-10 450R guys are having to do the same thing,

I had Stillwell Performance do my suspension, completely different bike and well worth the money. Call Alan and tell him Mark sent ya.

My 08 450 XCF has absolutely killer handing now.

Were do you guys have your steering stem adjusted, highspeed or cornering I ride track and trail both. Is there a big differance. My ride height was out on the bike I adjusted it to spec two full turns, the sag is in spec now as well would you still re-spring?

I have about 5 mils showing on the top f the forks, if thats what you mean. I ride both, and have damper. If your over 175Lbs w/gear you need to re-spring the shock regardless if you got the sag.

You should still be able to set the rear sag, go for 105MM