Sign in to follow this  

Aftermath pics of hydro-locked RMZ 250

Do we even ask?

A small creek crossing turned into a nightmare. I fell one way and the bike fell the other way. The bike kept running and sucked in a ton of water before I could get to it and turn it off. 👍

Now, I have a paperweight that I'm going to tear apart this next weekend.

Thats crazy! How high were you revving when you sucked the water? Oh well,now you get to learn how to rebuild your bottom end. Think of it as an adventure. 👍

Thats crazy! How high were you revving when you sucked the water? Oh well,now you get to learn how to rebuild your bottom end. Think of it as an adventure. 👍

RPMS were definitely high when it landed in the water. A very expensive learning experience.

That sucks, at least your going to do the work yourself. Get the service manual and use these forums and you should save a pile of money. That is crazy how bend that crank arm is!

That sucks, at least your going to do the work yourself. Get the service manual and use these forums and you should save a pile of money. That is crazy how bend that crank arm is!

I use my service manual so much, it started to fall apart. I had to put binder rings through it. lol

I may just buy another bike and slowly work on this thing. I'm looking at several CR250R's this week. 👍

I use my service manual so much, it started to fall apart. I had to put binder rings through it. lol

I may just buy another bike and slowly work on this thing. I'm looking at several CR250R's this week. 🙂

Booooooo Honda!!!! 👍🤣

On the bright side,Looks as if it was time for a new piston anyways...

It might of damaged the cylinder more than it looks.Those cylinders are thin,measure it for being out of round.