Sign in to follow this  

TT600 rebuild

Some of you asked, so here we go!👍

this is what i started with--85 tt600 bored to 621 with arias piston. other than that pretty much stock. had a bad rod (small end)

DSC01737.jpg

I decided to upgrade the susp with DRZ400e forks and stock rear shock with some mods. also a RM front and DR350 rear with disc.

DSC01810.jpg

Rear mockup

DSC01758.jpgDSC01805.jpg

little piece above brake drum slider is for the caliper holder

DSC01949.jpg

just washers to center wheel. i ended up without the gold washer on the disc side

DSC01947.jpg

sprocket side

DSC01948.jpg

BlkCat thinks I'm crazy:lol:🤣 more to come:ride:

DSC01881-1.jpg

Cool! 👍

Incidently, I have a complete non-running '02 FC470 I'd let ya have CHEAP if you're interested. Lots of parts there for your 501! lol It has a Sparks rewound stator. PM me if interested.

This will be a nice one to watch as I am also about to start a TT600 rebuild. I was looking around for a disk brake mod and it looks like I just found some info on it 👍

Keep it coming!

zrxer-- might be interested down the road--need to sell something first:smirk:

here's some more tt stuff:ride:

eng all apartDSC01893.jpg

How does it go back together:banghead:

DSC01894.jpg

bad 4th gear in trans (usually 5th on tt/xt's)

DSC01906.jpg

New e-bay trans--to bad it won't fit:foul: it's 90 up and they had it listed as an 89:bonk:theu changed the gear spacing--when fitted in cases gears didn't mesh also c/s sprocket is held on by a nut. did find another one cheap. anybody need a 90 up xt trans

DSC01902.jpg

Here is the head with grizzly 600 valves--1mm bigger than stock had to cut the seats to fit (needed a valve job anyway)they are 1/2 price of stock valves

DSC01923.jpg👍----more to come

• Like 1

some more:ride:

eng with barrel on

DSC01940.jpg

with headDSC01943.jpg

cam installedDSC01944.jpg

rocker box installedDSC01946.jpg

A little more

foot pegs off my Berg

DSC01833.jpg

shock parts--took 85 yz250 shock valving and comp. adj and installed in the tt shock, drilled and taped tt reservoir for shrader valve for charging.

DSC01867.jpg

tt shock

DSC01870.jpg

shock assembled

DSC01955-1.jpg

The 'berg footpegs fit? I may have to rob those off the 470 I'm selling ya. lol

zrxer==they are a little wide where they fit in the holder, just ground them to fit, pins are the same size.

Bergman, it's great reading and seeing the re-build on your TT600. What year is the DR350 rear wheel and brake parts? 20MM axle? Thanks for any reply.

thumpnut--any dr250/350 non cush wheel (cush probably work with a different spacer set up)also cush hubs rims are drilled different than non cush that use rm rims. caliper and calp. holder are dr 250/350 any year 90-99. axle is dr 20mm probably could use the tt one. still working on the rear brake. having a problem--not working correctly. pads are not in the same spot on the rotor and it's used so pads are riding on the high spots? caliper might be bad? master cyl is good. all this stuff is e-bay used.

some more pics

BIG BATT:smirk:

DSC01887.jpg

horn and reg/rectifier

DSC01888-1.jpg

prototype wiring harness:lol::lol:by the $175 one with the kit (i did build an ok harness)

DSC01913-1.jpg

Hey the tail light works:thumbsup:👍

DSC01916-1.jpg

YES Brian my new D/S:banana: I was worried about kicking this thing:banghead:but it started on the first kick!! it actually starts easy. I've been spoiled by the button. the clutch is slipping a little under power--only thing i didn't replace. ( and it does rip 👍) quite a bit lighter than the dr. maybe some motard wheels:busted:

Are you guy's bored yet??

batt box

DSC01914-1.jpg

ufo headlight/turn signals

DSC01918.jpg

painted frame and forks--wheel

DSC01956.jpg

down hill racer

DSC01964.jpg

Are you guy's bored yet??

Are you joking? Love this thread. Keep it coming..

What kind of paint didi you use for the frame? I just finished sandblasting my 84 xt frame and am ready to prime and paint. Any recommendations?

👍

Nice! I just put a TT rotor in my XT, had to change the pickup also. Do you have an extra CDI for a TT that you don't need? The timing is different.

KasloKlown-just used krylon fusion rattle can, my buddy was going to shoot it with emeron the best, but was a 4hr drive round trip.-----DT- about rotors. I put an xt600 stator and rotor in my TT (wanted 12V) the tt rotor is smaller by a little but the timing triggers (sq bumps on the rotor) were real close to the xt. i only have the stock TT cdi and it runs great and starts easy.

Inside the carbs---primary sideDSC01975.jpg

DSC01976.jpg

secondary cv side--most cv carbs have a rubber diafram this one is alumn.

DSC01979.jpgDSC01978.jpg

jetting 140mj--48p 2nd carb main is drilled?