Sign in to follow this  

possibly selling the 250

Does anyone know the approximate value of the bike?

It's a '96 and here are some pics:

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Edit: If you need anymore info or have any questions, feel free to pm or post here

The bike looks really clean considering its age. I'd say $1200 would be a fair price.

Watch craigslist for a while to get an idea on a price. Prices vary by region. I would kill to have this bike for $1200; they are more expensive where I live.

great advice. watch craigslist and see what kind of market is in your area and get an idea of pricing. but i am wondering about the header pipes..... are those stock? and if not where did you find them?

ha i'm sorry, of course they are stock, just a little burnt on clay haha. And unfortunately I have been looking, and there are none close, the midwest is awful for XR's. Mostly PNW and east coast for them.

and if anyone is wondering, I have a set of tank graphics for the bike, i cleaned the tank over the winter and planned on putting on the new set, but i dont have a very steady hand.

tank before:

Picture046.jpg

Tank after:

Picture048.jpg

for the discoloration, im not sure if sanding would help get rid of that. I have read a bunch of articles on sanding plastic tanks using progressively finer sand paper (starting around 220 grit) until the tank is as good as new, but you might want to look into that, i have seen some tanks that look awesome after it. And then, i think graphics would be a good idea. and i cant find the link im looking for right now, but search around. I dont know if the stain goes deep though, so i really cant say for sure.

for the discoloration, im not sure if sanding would help get rid of that. I have read a bunch of articles on sanding plastic tanks using progressively finer sand paper (starting around 220 grit) until the tank is as good as new, but you might want to look into that, i have seen some tanks that look awesome after it. And then, i think graphics would be a good idea. and i cant find the link im looking for right now, but search around. I dont know if the stain goes deep though, so i really cant say for sure.

I'm not worried about getting the rest of it off, i have about 4 hours of work into the tank to get both sides clean...

As is you have a template to follow if you decided to install them. It would make the bike far more attractive to a buyer and these days buyers can be picky.

well that CAN be true, but after a little research, as of right now, there are no XR's for sale on CL in IN, IL or MI, so i guess that kinda helps haha. and as i said, i don't have super steady hands, and im rather impatient, so i dont like doing graphics, that and i dont wanna mess them up and if i remember correctly... its the factory effex universal XR graphic, or something similar to that