Sign in to follow this  

lighting upgrade suggestions and pics

im looking to upgrade my 530 exc's lights to something more serious and am curious to know what you guys are running and what you think of them and if your lights can be used by stock and or after mmarket switches

now is that HID or halogen? also how easy is it to connect it to stock wiring harness, does it come with ktm connectors or do you have to splice it? One more quick question if its not to much to ask is it possible to get a pic at night with high and low beam setting on??

I replaced my stock bulb with one of these and was blown away how strong the light is from the stocker. No stator change needed and just a cheap minor change to get it working. Its decent enough light I would totally be comfortable riding at night. Easily 3 tiems stronger than the stocker.

http://www.pmxtec.com/Headlights.htm

I replaced my stock bulb with one of these and was blown away how strong the light is from the stocker. No stator change needed and just a cheap minor change to get it working. Its decent enough light I would totally be comfortable riding at night. Easily 3 tiems stronger than the stocker.

http://www.pmxtec.com/Headlights.htm

Not a bad idea! I like the idea of spending about $50 over the $200 for the HID conversion from Baja Designs. I know it is somewhat apples to oranges...

so this is what i decided to choose i am very blown away at how well built this is and the quilty of workmanship that was involved, cant wait to install it and upload some pics of the end result.

SDC11345.jpg

HID 3500 in Baja Designs lens on a stock mask. Rewind on stator & Turntech battery for D/S kit.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=79433

DS kit has BD lens with halogen 55 watt bulb and Trick Dualsport Kit

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=79427&thumb=1

Equally worthless, but legal mirror on the other guard.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=76202&thumb=1

SDC11349.jpg

Nice 👍

That looks sweet🤣 Let us know how the light output is.

Hodakaguy

this light is pretty insane! i just took it out for a little test in the dark and it just lights up everything. i tried to take some pics but they just didnt turn out and dont do justice to how great of a light this is. i cant wait to through some gear on and do some night riding now, but broken bones can only heel so fast 👍.

I am intrigued by your light. Who makes it? What modes does it fire in? i.e. can you just light one of the small ones etc. I am looking for an upgrade as well, but I would like to have one light that would produce the same or a little more light than stock but be appropriate for the highway and then have the option for some serious desert illuminating power off-road. How's that for wanting your cake and eating it too!

trail tech makes the light, and yes you can light one light at a time or which ever ones you want as you can see by the pics, my suggestion would be that if you use the bottom light only it would work perfectly for highway puts out way more juice then stock, and for the desert use all three lights, my only warning is that with this light if you use all three lights or just the upper two you would get hunked at or flashed, they are bright little buggers. Also the light twilts up and down allowing you to adjust where you want the light pointed. 👍

SDC11377.jpgSDC11383.jpgSDC11384.jpgSDC11385.jpgSDC11386.jpgSDC11387.jpg

Anyone try just mounting an h4 HID bulb in the stock housing?

im looking to upgrade my 530 exc's lights to something more serious and am curious to know what you guys are running and what you think of them and if your lights can be used by stock and or after mmarket switches

Here is Baja Designs 07-On HID Upgrade light kit for stock head light shell

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897414

Anyone try just mounting an h4 HID bulb in the stock housing?

2083101180043787466S200x200Q85.jpg H4 3000K

2762105640043787466S200x200Q85.jpgDistance of 30 Ft