Whats the good news?

:shocked:I have been reading all the post about the 2008,09 KLX 450 and what I am reading is mostly negative? I rode the bike for the first time last week and fell in love, yea it had its normal problems mostly the bog but man what a bike from my 2005 KDX200. I took it home did the air box mod, JD jet kit, opened up the exaust a little bit and guess what it fired rite up and sounded great! So the real question, any one have anything good to say? I feel like I may have bought the wrong bike but brand new for $4500.00 how could I pass on it.

Evething is good abou this bike. Most of the discussions revolve around tuning which is different on every brand. Once you have it dialed in you better hang on. I love mine and I do not have any complaints. Now if they could make it weigh 175 pounds that would be great.lol NO low end bog or starting troubles here. Have fun and if you run into trouble this is a great place for help.

Thanks Alberta! Thing that sucks is tuning should be easy I hope I got it dialed in on the first attempt. I loved my KDX but this bike just did it all and was so easy to ride kind of like a great camera just point and shoot. The only staring issues for me was the battery but what could I expect being in the wharehouse for 2 years and I did not know how to properly use the hot start once I figured that out 1 or 2 kicks and it was on. #165 main jet, red needle on the fourth groove from top. Any thought?

It is a great bike. I am out in the columbia valley this weekend and am riding up to 6000ft until the snow stops me. No bog at all here and the new rear spring works great. Read every forum and it is real riders asking questions about problems with their bike. Second and third gear singletrack to fast 2 track I Love it.

People tend to come to a bike specific forum when he has a problem or a questioin and needs help. I think it's natural that there are more negative comments than positive comments.

Exactly. Check out any car forum and you'll find the same thing.

Negative?????? Nawwwwww! If you look at any other bike-specific thread, 90% of the questions or comments are about trouble or problems with the bikes. There's other threads for bragging about how great our bikes are lol. I love my Kawi and I have it dialed in perfect. I think I need some suspension work but like dirk said, it's a work in progress! ­čĹŹ

i have almost no isses with mine. 6k ft its whole life. i rejetted, and never looked back.

starting issues? really? the ONLY time i have issues starting mine is when it is

a. outta gas

b. the guy who puts jets in it (me) gets it wrong.

other than that, this thing is a TRACTOR. that goes REALL REALLY fast. and talk about a sic trail rig. heavy as it is on the scale, it FEELS like 50lbs ligter.

Josh