Hey enduro guys??

Hey guys I'm changing things up a bit. I just bought an '09 WR250F and am going to try racing this one a while to see how I like it. I'm coming off an '07 KTM250xc-w so I'm give up a little power but once I set this up I should be able to run ok. I have a couple of questions, I've been reading posts on setting this up but couldn't find info on a few things. I have so far pulled the insert out of the stock exhaust, clipped the grey wire, and pulled the snorkel. I have on order a JD jet kit, yzf throttle stop, skid plate, and radiator guards. Here's my problem, I run the FASSt flex bars with a scotts submount and watchdog computer on the KTM. Can you guys tell me how to mount all that stuff on the WR? I am going to order the sub mount kit from Scotts but cannot find a nice clean way of mounting the sensor for the watchdog. Also is ther a spacer to take the place of the gear drive when I remove the stock computer? I have MUCHO questions on this bike guys, please be patient with me. I may install a reckluse pro as well unless I can get some decent feel out of this clutch... What have you guys done???

I would LOVE some pics of your setups if you can...

thanks all,

Dave

More displacement, any of the big-bore kit's available are the biggest improvement. I had a +2mm 263cc kit first and now have a 300cc Vertex kit. Both are substantial improvement over stock. If you can afford it, the 276cc Ice Cube is the best, more low end than the 263, more on top than the 300. My friend's YZ-276 is faster than my 300 but I have more low end.

I fitted an ohlins MX steering damper 2.0 to my 08WR. This wasn't for high speed stability though, it was for hitting rocks and roots at a moderate speed, hopefully keeping me on the bike. (problems in the past with this). I'll only know this season if it's any good. I found the wr really stable when going fast, but this is with the forks all the way out to the clamps.

Bike doesn't handle like poo, actually handles very well. I just have one so I figured I'd use it. Also the Rocks and Roots do help quite a bit when I'm blasting through them and hit a big one that knocks the front end around a bit. Does anyone have any pics of their setups?

Bike doesn't handle like poo, actually handles very well. I just have one so I figured I'd use it. Also the Rocks and Roots do help quite a bit when I'm blasting through them and hit a big one that knocks the front end around a bit. Does anyone have any pics of their setups?

Sell it and put the money into your suspension IMO. It's not a KTM you know. 👍

Well that sure helped alot. I love the KTM but am going to try something different now. I can say this thing turns better than my KTM hands down. But once things open up a bit...

I am sorry that I don't have your answer and you'd hafta sift through pages of WR photos here. Maybe call the manufacturer of the damper and ask for WR setup photos?

Ok, it's been a couple hours... just kidding - thanks.

got the WR fully uncorked and running reeeeal good last night. Have an enduro this weekend. Lucky for me it's a close course so there's no timekeeping for the riders really so I'm good without the computer. Still need to get the Scott's set up though. Have a bunch of stuff for the KTM setup but nothing for the WR:banghead:

When i got the unit, it said that it was for wr/yz 250f. As it turns out, it was for a yz, ohlins thought bot bike were the same. I had to make some mods, and notified ohlins. They're going to make make the same mods now, so they will fit both bikes. This was back in december, so they probably have done it now. These are the pics i sent to them.👍

Topview-1.jpg

WR250ffitted.jpg

wow, that sits nice and low. The Scott's sub mount sets the unti much higher than that. My Scott's seems a little thicker than the Olins as well. Does the Olins stradle the upper tree nut? It looks like its right on top of the nut. I like that setup, I havent been able to find any type of sub mount that sits nice and low like that. I think I'm going to have to just order the upper clamp and mount for my Scott's and install the "bent" dog bones between the bar ends on my Flexx bars.

Thanks for the pics...I am very jealous.

Dave

Here's a link to the Flatland Racing web site where you will find the odometer cap wheel spacer you seek. Have one and love it.

http://flatlandracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FR&Product_Code=21-08&Category_Code=Odometer+Eliminators

If you do end up wanting some more power other than free mods but don't want to spend a gob, consider Hot Cams - Stage I for an enduro/offroad use and possibly the 08-up stock piston (higher compression). That's how I have my bike set up and it works great. The piston kit can be had for $80 next time you do a top end. Some guys leave one of the rings out for less friction. Do a search and you'll find some more information. I would also consider doing an additional free mod to the stock muffler. If you look into the back of the muffler you'll see a baffle with 2 smallish pipes coming through it. There's also a mysterious round indentation in the baffle where it looks like your favorite 1"± hole saw could remove a little more restriction. Thanks for the hint, Yamaha. Worked great on my WR as well.

So far this is what I did to the bike:

2009 WR250F

1. Grey wire mod

2. o-ring mod

3. #40 leak jet

4. 42 pilot 2 out

5. 175 main

6. stock '09 YZF needle #4

7. Moose radiator braces

8. Gytr skid plate

9. complete snorkel assy removed

10. FMF "Q4" silencer

I still need to order the Scott's upper mount and find a place to mount my Watchdog enduro computer which would neccesetate the removal of the Stock odo and cable. "thanks for the spacer heads up codious"

i went from an 08 300 ktm to an 08 wr 250. i don't regret it. the suspension on the wr is 1000% better. the wr just seems to be more fun overall to ride. the only time i miss the 300 is power in the open areas. i have been passed at a few races like i'm sitting still and i am wot in 5th gear. having a confidence inspiring suspension more then makes up for this though.

i put a switch on my grey wire. a lot of times it is more comfortable for me to ride it on the wr setting.

the odometer cable on the wr is actually 2 wires, it is a sensor setup just like the wd uses. you should be able to splice into it behind your headlight and use that to run the wd.

For the Fasst bars I ran the stock straight cross brace in the front and made my own rear cross brace to go over the steering damper. I changed the direction of the arm on the steering damper so the damper is backward this would allow the damper to fit under the modified rear cross btace. I tapped to 12/32 holes in the front of the handlebar clamp and mounted a 1/8 piece of alumnium that I fabricated into a angle iron to make a dash to hold my ICO and my rollchart. Fot the magnet sensor I fabricated a piece of alumnium to bolt to the front pinch bolts and hold the sensor, I run a Disc guard.

For the Fasst bars I ran the stock straight cross brace in the front and made my own rear cross brace to go over the steering damper. I changed the direction of the arm on the steering damper so the damper is backward this would allow the damper to fit under the modified rear cross btace. I tapped to 12/32 holes in the front of the handlebar clamp and mounted a 1/8 piece of alumnium that I fabricated into a angle iron to make a dash to hold my ICO and my rollchart. Fot the magnet sensor I fabricated a piece of alumnium to bolt to the front pinch bolts and hold the sensor, I run a Disc guard.

I was speaking to Cole at FAAST about a month ago and he told me he was working on something like that to allow ICO's and roll charts to mount more easily. He happens to be an enduro rider himself.

But I would be interested in seeing what you have done. Can you send/post a pic of your handlebar setup. I know I wish I had more space to load all my crap onto my bars.