Need opinon on mechanic mess up

hello all

Short story

Mechanic does top end on 450x and he check left and right crankcase

mechanic doesnt tighten the timing plug on left crankcase

Timing plug comes off during 30mile treck and spills oil and gets dirt in left crank case

Didnt notice til end of 30 mile ride..

Is he liabile to come over and clean the left crankcase or what should he ahve to do.. or is it my fault for not noticing while riding trails..

thanks

hello all

Short story

Mechanic does top end on 450x and he check left and right crankcase

mechanic doesnt tighten the timing plug on left crankcase

Timing plug comes off during 30mile treck and spills oil and gets dirt in left crank case

Didnt notice til end of 30 mile ride..

Is he liabile to come over and clean the left crankcase or what should he ahve to do.. or is it my fault for not noticing while riding trails..

thanks

your an innocent victim here. how the crap could you notice that, if you had it would have been luck. in fairness he or she should admit fault. depending on how much oil got out or how much dirt got in i suppose.

I'd tell him what happened an see what he says, but don't be suprized if you come back empty handed:ride:

i,d be surprised to be honest if i had paid someone to potentially wreck my motor, id explain my case and demand a full checkup with backup

he told me.. to flush the engine oil 3 times.. and put a new plug on it.. i know not alot of dirt got in cause it wasnt muddy just alittle dusty but still.. i kinda feel like i should file a small claims court case if he doesnt come over and open it up and clean the whole thing for free

he told me.. to flush the engine oil 3 times.. and put a new plug on it.. i know not alot of dirt got in cause it wasnt muddy just alittle dusty but still.. i kinda feel like i should file a small claims court case if he doesnt come over and open it up and clean the whole thing for free

he cant care much about his reputation treating a customer like that. isint it he who should change oil and put the plug in it? smack him with a fish...

yes he did the oil and trans change ... and didnt tighten the plug for oil timing.. good thing is not alot of dust got in.. but still i feel like i been ****ed

yes i meant oil changing to wash the motor clean. i suppose the motor should be fine as long as you didnt find it dried of oil after the ride. i wouldnt do that guys rep any favours, in fact id crap all over it. be the bigger man ,smack him with a fish

I am curious as to why you keep saying "come over and look or fix"? Was this work done at a shop or was this just some guy you know who did the work for half the price or free? There is usually more to a story if you dig enough. I believe we need more details on how this played out before the cap came off on the trail.

If he's a mechanic, and you paid him mechanics wages, he needs to do it.

If it's a friend, he should come over and at least help you flush and clean.

If he's an acquaintance that says he's a mechanic, but isn't, good luck.

Krannie,

I just gotta say, I love to come here and read your posts. Your always spot on.

Thanks for taking the time.

Jim.

It's all PBJ time!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4057230067791660531#

🤣🙂👍