Sign in to follow this  

Spark Plug Wrench

Is there a specific type of plug wrench for the drz400 ?..its a tight fit with a regular socket , extension and ratchet. Dont want to have to carry all that kit with me to check a plug...??

hey thanks..new to this bike and just dont want to get stranded somewhere without the proper wrench..checked the plug today first time and realized its a pain to get out..dont want to have to check it trailside..thanks again

I have never needed it myself on a trail ride but it does fit a variety of other bikes and mine has been used more than once on the trail to save the day. Might take that into consideration. It is often easy to prepare yourself for riding all day but you never know the condition of other peoples bikes or what they are prepared for. I carry enough stuff to work on just about any bike. It has come in handy enough more than a handful of times. It saved the day and we were able to continue on as opposed to trying to find a way to haul a bike through 20 miles of single track.

Yeah, I agree. extra plug wouldn't hurt and the tools to change one. I have pulled a plug out of more than one drowned bike in my time.

OEM tool kit does have what you need though.

+1

I find the tool kit surprisingly useful. And the spark plug wrench there-in is the easiest thing to use on the DRZ, in my experience.