2009 KXF250 from 2008 CRF250....

Guys, recently purchased the 2009 KXF250, not looking for another bike but it was offered cheap. I am a novice rider but have always battled with my CRF, I found it worked against me a little and found it quite a heavy bike. Were as the KXF is very nimble and does exactly what you want it to do... I find it really feels part of you. AND decided to keep it!

My only question is, the KXF is quick dong get me wrong, but the CRF is a animal compaired to it. The KXF seems like mid range it needs a gear change where the mid range torque of the CRF is unbelievable.

I know its not all about power, and to be honest as a novice that is probably why im getting on with the KXF so well, but just wandering if anyone can compare bikes and tell me why there is such a diffence????

I should mention both bikes are standard, both purchased second hand and have been obviously raced prior to my ownership.

Cheers Guys ­čĹŹ

the 09 kx-f engine, stock and when jetting perfectly, stomp's all over an 08 crf, without a doubt the KX engine has alot more low/mid, i find mine doesnt have as much in the over-revv as the 08 CRF i rode had, but otherwise it was a far better engine, i also noticed the CRF felt alot ligher to ride then my KX-f however, the suspension was funky but the weight seemed to be much lower.

And there have it.listening to "Faith No More"." You want it out but you can't grap it,it's in your face but you can't have it".

Jet that beast and twist the throttle!

"Get set! What is it?"

Cheers guys, both bikes are standard as far as im aware. AND dont get me wrong im not making some official statment saying is quicker than the other! all im asking is thats how it feels, and why may that be?

(to sum it up the CRF feels like how I imagine a 450 to be and the KXF a 250)

The only difference is the honda has a 50T rear sprock and the KXF 49T but that is all.

It may simply be who ever owned the honda before spent time setting it up correctly and the KXF is standard and needs tweeking slightly or maintainance maybe . . . thats why hence im asking for oppinions/advice!

(Cheers for the jetting/piston advice)