wheelies

Careful, i just got a ticket for doing little power wheelies leaving stop lights on my sv650. It is fun, but it wasn't worth $150 and 4 points on my license:bonk:

I'm sure it wont be long befor that happens to me. . i just cant help it the bike just takes control over me ๐Ÿ‘

I'm sure it wont be long befor that happens to me. . i just cant help it the bike just takes control over me ๐Ÿ‘

I know what you mean. I get the same feeling. I am starting to fight the urge now though. I'm gonna go to court and try to get the points reduced. I don't mind payin the fine, but my insurance is gonna sky rocket.

I just looped my DR-Z a couple of days ago at the track. Everyone else was leaving, but I needed to kill some time to let rush hour get by and decided to hone my wheelies. The back straight wasn't quite long enough for my planned 3rd gear seat standers, so I was at a low rpm (not as much engine braking) and in my MX boots (thank God?) so I was more clumsy. Third or so time around it went back just a little too far and there wasn't anything I could do except hold on and hope it would recover. Ended up doin "the worm" down the track. Broke the subframe- my 3rd one. Destroyed the instruments, even tore the plastic end off the key. Broke the top clamp, broke the ignition loose.

I just looped my DR-Z a couple of days ago at the track. Everyone else was leaving, but I needed to kill some time to let rush hour get by and decided to hone my wheelies. The back straight wasn't quite long enough for my planned 3rd gear seat standers, so I was at a low rpm (not as much engine braking) and in my MX boots (thank God?) so I was more clumsy. Third or so time around it went back just a little too far and there wasn't anything I could do except hold on and hope it would recover. Ended up doin "the worm" down the track. Broke the subframe- my 3rd one. Destroyed the instruments, even tore the plastic end off the key. Broke the top clamp, broke the ignition loose.

Oh man that sucks!!! sorry to hear about that. . . i did something like that once bou not as bad at all just edge tail light gone buusted the shifter off little bit of road rash and some black top in the bead of the front tire ๐Ÿ‘

I know what you mean. I get the same feeling. I am starting to fight the urge now though. I'm gonna go to court and try to get the points reduced. I don't mind payin the fine, but my insurance is gonna sky rocket.

Can't defensive driving or deferred adjudication in your state?

My 07 DRZ400SM loves to do wheelies :crazy: thats a good thing because i love to do them too :jawdrop: i can get this bike up in every gear but fifth ๐Ÿ™‚ I have to say, i LOVE it๐Ÿคฃ:cheers: Thanks DRZ i love you

Glad to here you can wheelie this beast! I have a hard time getting mine up. The bike that is!:applause:

Do you power it up or clutch it up? Can you give me some verbal training. I know one thing and that is to cover the rear break.๐Ÿ‘ But could you give me some incite on how you wheelie. I would love to be able to do them!:crazy:

4th gear seat standers are the most stable...20 minutes after the first one I did I realized I could pull it up at 65 and slow it down to about 35 still riding it out. I call that one the "Hellllooo Laddiiees!" The funnest wheelies though...is sit-downs and clicking it up to 5th gear. Once you hit that sweet spot you can ride out one of them at around 70mph all day.

I don't think that I can ride my Deezer without wheelying thru the box......clutch 2nd are just way to easy to hoist the front and then just click-click-click on down the road.

Time and place for everything tho, ya know?

Careful, i just got a ticket for doing little power wheelies leaving stop lights on my sv650. It is fun, but it wasn't worth $150 and 4 points on my license:bonk:

that exact thing happend to me last summer, a month after rolling the DRZ off the showroom, what a way to start a relationship ๐Ÿ‘

I get the front wheel up on every ride. My bike is stock no 3X3 or pipe and I can get it up in fourth too. I only bring it up in a safe and controlled manner when the only vehicles around are the ones I am with. I would say that 2nd gear is my favorite though.

I haven't learned to clutch it yet (started off with power wheelies, its just easier now and I don't look like quite as big of a tool if the wheelie flops) so I use 1st gear for sit downs, but it starts to wander really bad side-side. 2nd gear for passenger pegs, and 3rd gear for seat standers. I might be able to get it up in 4th standing on the seat, but really, why? I can get up to 60 mph (indicated) in 3rd. My MRD is supposed to be here tomorrow, hopefully it will open up a new world of wheelies!