Sign in to follow this  

Turn Tech Review

Picked up a Turn Tech 5ah & took it for its 1st ride this weekend...

Ok so I started by pulling the batt out of the box & it really is light! If your looking to loose 5-7 lbs high up this will do it. My old Yusa Lead Acid weighs in at 8lbs (according to the specks I can find) The Turn Tech is ~1lb.

Out of the box registered 13.3V. Installing was very snug, I had to remove the thin padding on the side of holding cage to get it to push down all the way. Also the way the terminals come out of the battery (and the bolts supplied) makes those points stick up just a little higher then they should. (( It would be nice if those terminals came directly out of the side of the battery about 1/4" down from what would be the top side when installed in a crfx ))I let it sit connected in my bike for about 5 days, & still had 13.3 before we went for a ride.

It was about 35 degrees out side and snowing when we started, so the bike was really cold. I hit the starter for about 8 seconds continuous (and it cranked over slightly slower then my lead acid would have) then I let up on the starter for about 3 seconds and tried again, this time it cranked faster and started the bike right up. (this was to be expected as explained on turntechs web site)

The battery performed flawlessly all day, Im extreemly happy with it. I needed a new battery anyways & for the difference in price this is a much better solution in my opnion.

Tested the battery after the ride and it showed 13.34V

Thanks Turn Tech!

Id like to say I noticed it more then I did, but then again it was a short 30mile play ride, hill climbs and 3rd -4th gear single track, nothing realy tight or technical or at least not enough of it...

At this point the lead acid battery seems like an old dead dinosaur. Kinda like if you had an option to run a dual rear shock setup vs the modern day monoshock.

All you have to do is see/hold them both in front of you to know your not putting that antique lead acid back in your bike.

Of course the true test will be how long it lasts.....