Choke isn't keeping the RPM's up...

So I need some advice, when I choke my bike the RPM's stay up for about 10 to 20 sec like normal then the bike idol's way down, if I blurp the throttle the rpm's will kick back up again for about 10 to 20 sec then drop off again.

Any ideas??

Did you try the 45 leak jet? It made my 150 run slightly richer, you can probably go leaner on the pilot screw or if needed try a smaller pilot. Adjust you idle where you need it also.

The choke on my bike doesn't like to keep the rpms up either, but when the bike is good and warm the idle is better.

Yea I thought about a 45 leak jet, I'm running a 40 right now. My idle is fine when the bike is warm also, I'm getting surging out of the corners no matter how much I adjust the air screw. If I turn the idle down too much the bike will die when I pull the clutch in.

I'm running a 48 pilot jet right now wondering if I need to run a 45?

super low rpm, 1/6 throttle maybe less, could it be a throttle cable that isn't adjusted right not letting the slide back down completely?

I can blurp the throttle in neutral and the engine does not surge so the idle is fine, when it's in gear and I blurp it the bike will be slow off the rpm's (surging) for about 2 sec.

So today I was riding and the bike was surging like always.... ? So I took off the air filter and cleaned it up real good, and slapped it back on. The surging was coming from my idle being up too high and having a dirty air filter!

I turned the idle screw way down and the bike just kept running, almost no surging anymore but I can't be totally certain because it started raining and I had to quit after just putting it back together.

My buddy put too much oil on the filter origionally it was a gooey mess!

Glad you fixed it, I've found it also helps to oil the return spring on the carb once in a while.

Or you may end up trying to troubleshoot at the wrong spot and be wasting your time.

:banghead:Ask me how I know:banghead:?

• 3 months later...