Stupid Question on Showa Forks

I have an '06 KX250F that has twin cartridge Showa forks on it instead of the stock Kayaba forks. I've been having a miserable time trying to dial the forks in. I changed the springs to match my weight, skill level, type of riding that I do, etc, and I've changed out the fork fluid with new fluid. It was actually during the spring change that I realised that the internals of the fork didn't match what the owner's service manual showed. The next revelation was that the Pro Circuit Showa sticker on the forks wasn't just part of a sticker package. My bike actually has Showa forks on it. So my question is this, which adjustment screw adjusts compression damping? Is it the one on the top of the fork, or the one on the bottom? If it is the one on the top, that would explain why I've been chasing my tail all this time. On the Kayaba forks, the compression damping adjustment is at the bottom of the fork.

Thanks.

Lou

Thanks chasemoto63. That would explain why my adjustments have not been giving me the performance that I've been trying to achieve.

Regarding the manual, it does not say Showa forks anywhere in the manual, and the pictures that they give for adjusting oil level looks nothing like what my forks internals look like. The only place that they reference a fork manufacturer is their oil specification in which they say that the stock fork fluid is 5W Kayaba. Strange. Finally, the manual specifies that the bottom of the fork screw adjusts compression damping and the top is the rebound damping.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. You've been a big help.