What was your coolest wreck

Today me, my dad, and best friend went riding. I was on my friends yz125, dad was on crf250x, and friend was on crf450r. We were on our way back to the truck and came to the last hill and it was hard as hell to climb. They voulanteered me to go first and I made them follow right behind me. I took off and hit the back brakes to slow down and started sliding. I grabbed the front brake flipped over the bars, rolled all the way to bottom and landed on my feet. Apparently my dad and friend grabbed theirs to keep from hitting my bike. I turned around and saw them rolling and they both landed on their feet right beside me. Nobody was hurt and neither were the bikes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trail cruising on a 1977 RM125. I was in 4th or 5th when I should have been in 3rd but like I said I was just cruising. I came up on an almost dry puddle but with enough mud to want me to wheelie across it. Too high of a gear resulted in a bog then a wheel spin in the mud then a whellie on the dry spot that had the crossbar in my chest. I had enough time to move my right hand off of the bars before I wheeled head on into a tree and it was lights out. I never remember hitting anything but woke up in perfect condition 2 seconds or 20 minuts later. I have no clue. Only time I ever passed out and it must of been from the shock and fear that I was about to slam a tree.

One time I went trail riding and found a long puddle expecting it to be deep I kinda putted through it. It was about 6inches deep. Then we came to one about 6 feet long and from the other I was expecting it to be shallow so I pinnded it in 3rd and before i knew it the whole frekin bike was under water:banghead:👍:banghead:

water always brakes my good falls haha!

i was going like 60 and hit a puddle. i landed in the puddle but my bike was 10 yards away sitting on its front wheel with the back wheel about 5 foot in the air leaning against a tree

also, last week i was riding my friends xr100, then ran into a pond runoff ditch...i couldn't pop a wheelie over it and the tiny 100 wheel caught perfectly and threw me over the handlebars into the pond

My coolest crash, that I didn’t get hurt in. It was my very first MX race in 1980. Prior to this I raced Flattrack only. It was on a borrowed bike, a YZ400. Way too much bike for a first timer! I placed 8 th out of 20+ in the open class for the first moto, and my head swelled too much. In the second moto I was running about 5 th place, riding way over my head. I miscalculated a set of woops, and lost control. The handle bars jerked out of my hands and I knew I was going down. I leaned to my right with my arms out to break the fall, and the bike leaned to the left, making a perfect balance. I must have rode like that for 70 feet or more. I figured I wasn’t going to crash, so I reached back to grab the bars, but it was too late as the next corner was right there. I took out about 30 feet of wooden snow fence. Laying there I looked around and saw those red wood laths all busted up pointing in every direction and I just knew some of them were jabbed in me. They weren’t. I got up and walked away from it without so much as a scratch. Too bad I can’t say that for the bike. Those busted up wood laths ripped the seat cover on the bike to shreds. The owner of the bike was PO’ed at me. He didn’t care if I was hurt or not. He was worried about his bike. Yea, I bought him a new seat.

I couldn't really say. I think the best wreck is the one that doesn't happen.

I don't go down very often but I did flip over the handlebars once when my front wheel slipped into a rut going down a hillclimb. I landed smoothly (or so I thought) rolling off my helmet and shoulder back onto my feet so I could move out of the way of my bike.

It turned out I broke my collar bone and somehow didn't notice, I just got back on the bike and started riding again. I found out about 2 years later when I went in for an X-ray for a different issue.

I was coming through this big sweeping turn with super deep ruts. I was feeling good that day and was hauling through this good line...then all of a sudden I found myself high siding and flying through the air. It seemed so slow motion, but in reality I was going fast. lol

I ended up landing on my shoulder, thank goodness for my chest protector, neck collar, and helmet! It didn't hurt too bad, but other riders that witnessed it though I was for sure not getting up. lol

i got run over by 2 fool ass quads when i was 6 and riding on my ktm 50. I got hurt pretty bad and the teens on the quads were to scared to come back and appologize so they hopped in their truck and left... I hate you quads!!!!!!! 🙂👍🤣

One of the first rides when I just got my 125. 5th gear pinned on a trail next to a highway and clipped a small stump hidden by grass. It gave me really bad head shake, went down and didn't get a scratch on me or the bike. Picked the bike up and rode off to tell my friends how intense it was lol.

My coolest crash was when I was hauling in 4th wide open ready to click 5th with a friend of mine, we were nudging each other around and one time I accidentally dropped into a 4 foot deep gully. The bike instantly stopped and I went cart wheeling over the bars for a good 30+ feet and stopped ace down in the dirt, brushed myself off got back on the bike and rode back to camp when we straightened out my bars.

Coolest almost crash was when I was new to racing MX I landed too hard on the rear tire while leaning too far back. This jump also went immediately into a corner, well the bars got ripped out of my hands and I had to pull myself back forward enough to grab them and it looked like I was going to T-Bone this other guy but managed to hook the corner hard enough and no one got hit. It almost looked like I did it on purpose

I seem to crash frequently. It amazes me that some are so quick, it is hard to tell what happened, but others take forever. I wrecked the other week, and as I was front flipping, I saw a deep puddle of water out of the corner of my eye. It was cold out and I was sure I was going to roll into it. I tucked my wrist, dropped my shoulder and stuck my leg out while inverted. The result: my foot stopped me from rolling a second time about 6 inches short of the water and I landed in the crouched attack position. I felt like an Olympian nailing the landing. Too bad I was on the kiddie track.

Mine was 2 weeks ago on the GP track at 3 Palms Mx in Houston. I was riding with a friend and we were coming down a long straight to a hair pin turn. I dove for the inside rut and he took the outside berm. As soon as I hit the rut, I knew I was a goner. The bike got me back on the seat and it just laid over. But with the momentum, I jumped over the bars and landed running. And here comes my friend off of the berm with me running beside him. As he passed me he pointed back at my bike while laughing. Then my legs could no longer keep up with the speed of my upper body in the heavy sand and.........kaaaaaaasplat, face down I went. I couldn't move for a while because I was laughing so hard. We had a good laugh later about foot racing a 450 in full gear. Heck it was close a for a second there.

My buddy and I were doing laps in my woods practicing for a hare scramble. We were both pushing and going faster than normal. I went thru a creek crossing/mudhole and got a little squirrly. My front tire hit a stump and I flew over the handlebars. The bike was fine and I rode back home to sit down cuz I was in pain. I took off my pants and was bleeding right above the knees where my legs hit the handlebars.

My coolest wreck resulted in a large scar on my right forearm, which mean I constantly have to explain the wreck to just about everyone I meet.

I was going around a corner on my XR400 and the rear wheel broke loose, and I ended up going into the brush. My front wheel hit a stump or something and I got thrown off the front of the bike. The bike then did a complete endo and landed on top of me. The rear wheel was spinning on my forearm and bicep and burned the rubber into the skin, the header pipe burned a 1.5 square inch area on my leg and my pinky finger got dislocated.

Adrenaline made sure I wasn't in any pain, and I had enough time to take a few pictures of it fresh before I got packed up to leave my track. All that is really left now is scar on my forearm about the size of the end of a butter knife sticking out and pink. One person also mistook it for a hot knife burn 👍

one time my dad hit a drunk guy riding a 3 wheeler. my dad was in like 4th gear on his 450X goin pretty hard and the dude pulled out in front of him. the guy was really fat and he was layin on the ground with his fone, cigarrets, and money laying all around him. he was passed out for a few mins. My dad was a litle scraped up and he busted in his header. other than that everything was ok.