Anyone Racing Monticello Harescramble?

I work that race every year so I'll be there. If you're going to race it you could sign up for the Norsemen Super Series and try and win a bike at the Trollhaugen Hare Scramble.๐Ÿ‘

I was up there on Saturday helping cut some new trail that should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to get back up there this weekend and cut some more! Although my machete arm was pretty sore on Sunday...๐Ÿคฃ

I wish I could do the series, but I won't be able to drive that far to all of them, unfortunately. If I do happen to do Monticello, would you suggest I do C class or X rider class?

Either one is fine, they run at the same time, X riders are just on the last row. If you're getting a full membership or think you may do other Hare Scrambles I would just ride C class. It's better to start in the beginning rows so you don't have to fight too much traffic. It will be easier to come in early enough to get a second lap.

I wish I could do the series, but I won't be able to drive that far to all of them, unfortunately. If I do happen to do Monticello, would you suggest I do C class or X rider class?

Ride C. X is for dudes who know they're really slow. If you can ride MX and SX you're not really slow. You'll have to pass less people.

I'll probably ride it. I did last year and had a lot of fun. The event is on the way overcrowded side for my liking. But it is generally well conceived and run so as to provide enjoyment for the individual racer.

I thought the endurocross section was set up in a such a way to be a little hostile to the riders with tall narrow log piles with traps behind them that can be nearly filled with fallen riders that you cannot see until you are upon them.

But you don't have to ride the endurocross section unless you're in the AA class. I rode Senior A.

I was thinking of riding in the super series (somebody's got to win that bike ๐Ÿ‘). It sounds like a lot of fun.

I read somewhere that you need to have a street legal bike because some enduros use roads. Do you know if any around here require that?

Yes, there will be a ton of people racing in it -- it's the largest offroad event of the season. I think there were something like 600 racers and 2000 spectators last year.

600 racers??!!! That's insane! It would seem like the start would be 100% of the race and from then on it would be a single file traffic jam.

Question: If you race B MX does that mean you have to race B off road or can you go to say a C class to get warmed up?

600 racers??!!! That's insane! It would seem like the start would be 100% of the race and from then on it would be a single file traffic jam.

Question: If you race B MX does that mean you have to race B off road or can you go to say a C class to get warmed up?

They don't all start at once. They go in waves for each class, but it would still be crowded. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do C class, because harescrambles are a different kind of racing compared to motocross.

All of our Minnesota enduros are strictly off road. You don't need a license plate, but you do need the Minnesota DNR registration and a spark arrestor in your muffler.

I think the total racers was actually around 450 last year and that includes the mini race, youth race, C class and A/B races. This means that the races are pretty well spread out as to the number of racers. They do start multiple waves so the starts aren't overly crowded for each class.

The starts are important, but it's usually around a 9 mile course so you have time to catch people in the woods. The racer spread out niceley after about the first mile or so.

I think dropping from B to C is generally accepted going from moto to HS or vice versa. The rule book says no becasue they are both speed events but it is an accepted practice in D23 to allow th drop down. I know for a fact if I ever go to a moto I will be signing up for C instead of B. It would be embarassing to see me rolling the whoops at a moto track. The only catch is if you place well enough in the C race you may be asked to move back to B for off road.

Monticello has a pretty good cariety of terrain. There are some more open pine sections, some smaller hill areas, open single track, some atv trail and a little tighter single track just to keep people honest... ๐Ÿ‘

I haven't heard the plans for the endurocross. Personally I would like it a little easier so more people go through it, but it usually ends up like Shagger described.

What all does the race consist of? Single track, open woods, mx jumps, logs, rocks, etc.? I only saw a couple vids on youtube that weren't very good, and I am very interested in doing some harescrambles.

Hey man, then no better time to come out and do one. I do have to disagree with the Shagger, though - X class is supposed to be for people that haven't done a HS before and want to check it out, not just pokey slows. It's also only $10 to see what it's all about. Frankly, I would take the opportunity to run for $10, see what you think about racing for an hour, compare your times to everyone else, and go from there.

I always plan NOT to do Monti and end up doing Monti cause everyone else does...not my favorite race, usually some funked up tape-fence induced bottleneck right at the start๐Ÿคฃ, slight improvement from there. Woods, not much for hills, but when it's all said and done, I always have fun ๐Ÿ‘