Sign in to follow this  

upper oso trail in CA

So I took my first trip. I know it was Easter weekend..yes it was busy. I jumped on my KTM/525 and headed up the trail for a ride from camp. I was about 3 or 4 miles in and I had passed a bunch of hikers, mountain Bikers and many people riding double on everything from quads to 3 wheelers. ( Do they still allow those things on trails) There were also horses up there. I feel like I am a good rider. I run the district 37 races from time to time. I can handle a bike. I come around a corner and here is a guy on a quad running way to fast for the trail and more importantly—his ability. He hits the front brake yanks the bars and starts a power slide straight at me. No matter how tight I pulled to the right, it was inevitable. When I ran out of trail and was up against the bushes, he slammed into my side. He knocked me off the bike and tore it and my leg up. To say I was pissed was an understatement. I tell you all this so you know what to expect up there. I ride Gorman and this place was WAY worse. People at gorman can at least ride and have an idea about two way trails. (There are riders with ability at oso) . I love the campground but that trail is a trip. It’s PACKED with morons and every other type of hobby also trying to enjoy the out of doors.

I hate dirtbikers sense of entitlement with trails, I ride Upper Oso and Divide Peak all the time on my 3-WHEELER! And yes they are still legal to ride, they were banned from PRODUCTION not from riding. All dirtbikers assume that the trails belong to them and them only, it's total BS and infact I rode Upper Oso last weekend. We rode Upper Oso and were the ONLY two people on the entire trail riding dirtbikes, quads, whatever.

4758248447_568c6281f2_z.jpg

I'd also like to point out that on the board at the trail head it even shows an ATC....

4758248557_11c333328c_z.jpg