Hey practice champ, its a practice track.

Im sure you have all seen this guy, Im sure you all dislike this guy and if you are this guy..youre a major league d-bag. Come on everyone you know who im talking about, thats right the Practice Champ. Im pretty new to motocross but have been on bikes of other disciplines all my life. Lately Ive been hittin some of the local SoCal tracks to get me feet wet and see what its all about. So far so good, pretty much love it already. As a novice, Im pretty damn slow, just learned to clear a table and hit the whoops at a decent speed so of course I ride on the track that is best suited, that being the beginner and vet tracks. One thing that is obvious to me is that there are many skilled, experienced, speedy guys who ride these same tracks which for the most part is cool because you can follow their lines a bit and try to keep pace. But, there always seems to be a few from the fast bunch who want to show you a wheel, chop down on you, punt you in the corners or fill you in everytime around. I know what your thinking, go faster idiot, i know, i know. Heres the thing, if you are so effing fast Practice Champ, why are you always jerking with beginner riders on beginner tracks?? Thats a punk move and your ibtch ass is just probably too slow to ride on the pro track. In case you missed it retard, you get no money, sponsorship, chicks, not even a damn trophy for being the fastest jackass. Most of us have day jobs and are riding to push our own limits, get better, and have a good time. Please, if you are this guy, sack up and take your act to a track with riders with the ability and speed to fight back. Anyway just had to vent a little, sorry so long. Phil

• Like 1

I agree with everything you wrote. The track nearest me doesn’t have separate tracks for skill levels. They do separate A-B-C riders for practice days. I’m a B rider in Vintage (pre 1975) but a C on modern bikes. I was out the first practice day in the C class riding a CRF150F of all things because my vintage bike wasn‘t ready yet. I was passing 250’f so I wasn’t going that slow. After about 6-8 laps the fast riders (probably B or A) that were out with us but shouldn’t have been came around to lap me. Those guys where passing me on the jumps, simultaneously one on each side of me. It was a bit nerve racking to say the least. A lap later a guy on a 450F passed me at a jump and crashed his brains out right in front of me. I turned onto the grass on my right, dropped my bike and went back to stop the guys coming behind him. Then I checked on him. His knee was messed up bad. I could hear him complaining to his brother that he wasn’t going to be able to race the whole season now. I felt like saying, but didn’t, how stupid he was riding so fast on a practice day, especially the first practice of the year.

you practice how you race. So going as fast as you can isnt stupid during a practice day. But messing around with the C riders is pretty weak. Whenever i come up on some one slow and it looks like they havent been doing it a long time i usally make a point to avoid them and go around them as far away from them as i can, and i usally dont give it gas hard untill i am away from them because i dont want to hit them with roost.

Im sure you have all seen this guy, Im sure you all dislike this guy and if you are this guy..youre a major league d-bag. Come on everyone you know who im talking about, thats right the Practice Champ. Im pretty new to motocross but have been on bikes of other disciplines all my life. Lately Ive been hittin some of the local SoCal tracks to get me feet wet and see what its all about. So far so good, pretty much love it already. As a novice, Im pretty damn slow, just learned to clear a table and hit the whoops at a decent speed so of course I ride on the track that is best suited, that being the beginner and vet tracks. One thing that is obvious to me is that there are many skilled, experienced, speedy guys who ride these same tracks which for the most part is cool because you can follow their lines a bit and try to keep pace. But, there always seems to be a few from the fast bunch who want to show you a wheel, chop down on you, punt you in the corners or fill you in everytime around. I know what your thinking, go faster idiot, i know, i know. Heres the thing, if you are so effing fast Practice Champ, why are you always jerking with beginner riders on beginner tracks?? Thats a punk move and your ibtch ass is just probably too slow to ride on the pro track. In case you missed it retard, you get no money, sponsorship, chicks, not even a damn trophy for being the fastest jackass. Most of us have day jobs and are riding to push our own limits, get better, and have a good time. Please, if you are this guy, sack up and take your act to a track with riders with the ability and speed to fight back. Anyway just had to vent a little, sorry so long. Phil

i dont fully understand what your trying to say, sorry, you could you please write it out a little simpler!!

thanks

I started out about a year ago and was the slowest one around the track. Now I can keep up with the B+ riders so I know how it feels.

I push the limit 110% on the track, why ? Because thats how you learn to be better. Why wait until a race to see how you'll perform at 110% performance?

I do agree that vets should try and stay away from the new guys though

The guys who do that in practice are, as someone said, bitches.

Really fast guys have the skills to pass a slower rider without messing them up. If you don't have those skills, but are fast, then you're not a fast rider worthy of respect.

We get a few of those at one track I ride sometimes too. On Tuesdays they have a beginner/novice practice, and there are guys who ride like that on those nights. They are asses.

and that is where the tracks flaggers should be black flagging people and making them move up a class. We have that problem here with people not wanting to ride the class they should be in so they run the beginner class and its obnoxious.