Sign in to follow this  

Hooking up a second trip meter? XR650L

Hello everyone, I am a recent owner of an XR650L 2008 and i dont know a ton about the aftermarket area of these bikes. As owners may know, the control panel is very simple on the bikes, speedo, ODO, trip, and a couple warning/indicator lights. well, i DID concider swapping it all out for a trail-tech computer, but it kinda seems like a hassle. Would be nice and high tech, but all i REALLY want is a clock and two trip meters. (heat indicator would be nice too...) but i was wondering what some other options are? are there any odomoters/trip meters that could mate up into the stock system? to keep things simple? even if its just the rotory style like the stock one, doesn't really matter, shoot out some suggestions wise ones!

P.S. Rox 2" risers made the bike rideable, i highly recommend it.👍

Hello everyone, I am a recent owner of an XR650L 2008 and i dont know a ton about the aftermarket area of these bikes. As owners may know, the control panel is very simple on the bikes, speedo, ODO, trip, and a couple warning/indicator lights. well, i DID concider swapping it all out for a trail-tech computer, but it kinda seems like a hassle. Would be nice and high tech, but all i REALLY want is a clock and two trip meters. (heat indicator would be nice too...) but i was wondering what some other options are? are there any odomoters/trip meters that could mate up into the stock system? to keep things simple? even if its just the rotory style like the stock one, doesn't really matter, shoot out some suggestions wise ones!

P.S. Rox 2" risers made the bike rideable, i highly recommend it.👍

Sigma 1606L, Mt Bike computer, is the one I have. there cheap, around $25, speedo, trip, max speed, average speed, trip time, clock. I have them on my xr650l, zx12r and my cr500. the battery lasts over a year and since you have to enter in wheel size, you can get it very accurate. I use the bikes odo for gas fill ups and the sigma for a trip meter. not to hard to install, mount, epoxy, a magnet on the disc rotor (any small magnet will work), mount the sensor on the forks (cable ties), run the wire up the brake line (the wire is not long enough so you have to splice in speaker wire). the speedo goes up to 190mph, way more than is needed on our 650L. the back light is not that great at night though.

http://web.sigmasport.de/us/produkte/bikecomputer/topline_wired/bc1606l/?flash=1&punkt=features

I took my stock speedo off and run a gps for my speedo and a trip meter off a xr650r works great look in my garage section and you will see the set up

Edited by drtlvr
messed up