DR350 Camchain inspection/replace

I've got a 91 DR350 with approx 25000 miles on the clock. Running well with no problems except the camchain tensioner is fully extended.

Question is is the camchain likely to require replacing or could i get away with just replacing the guides.

Also if I have to change the camchain am I able to split the chain to remove and replace or is it a complete engine strip.

Great forum lots of useful info, thanks.

If you are going to replace the chain you will need to split the case unless you can find a clip style or rivit style chain ( no easy find ). My tensioner was all the way out, but my chain was not that worn. I removed the tensioner and added about a 1/4 inch of weld to the tensioner face. Easy fix and runs like a dream!!!!

Just did a GN250 which is a very similar engine and managed to replace the camchain (endless one) with no hassle. Reckon you have to take off right side engine (clutch) cover then maybe remove some gears probably primary drive pinion - not sure - but camchain should come off drive gear then with no problem. Drop the new one down the tunnel, loop it over the gear and put everything back together. Wouldn't be overly keen on using a camchain with a rivet link although they are available.