Sign in to follow this  

yz 250 tripple clamps offset?

mainly just curious what offset the yz 250 clamps are 2006, but i think most are the same?? and what are u guys running??

Stock on the yz's has been 25mm for many years. I, and I know of some others, went to 22 or 22.5mm of clamp offset. It might be an advantage in some conditions, not so in others. Its tough to find an overall handling improvement in something that handles well already.

Stock on the yz's has been 24mm for many years. I, and I know of some others, went to 22 or 22.5mm of clamp offset. It might be an advantage in some conditions, not so in others. Its tough to find an overall handling improvement in something that handles well already.

One correction, Yamaha's clamps have been 25mm offset for years. On the YZ250 it seems like stock offset is pretty darn good for most people.

wow, i was thinking they are like 20mm or something, mite slide the forks up in the clamps a bit and give that a shot

One correction, Yamaha's clamps have been 25mm offset for years. On the YZ250 it seems like stock offset is pretty darn good for most people.

Sorry for that...Yes, I meant 25 and will go back and make the change! Thats what I get for posting without contact lenses.

I do agree with making a change, however. You have to want some really specific things to make a change and be willing to give up others.

The bike becomes more stable, especially at high speed. At the same time, it will handle slower turns better. I also feel liek th e bike is more sensitive to setting up the rear suspension with a change in offset.