Sign in to follow this  

is my motor in danger of being dusted?

this hose shown on the microfiche as # 15

2037_13.gif

here it is on my bike,which it has nothing to connect to:

cd840ae6.jpg

and no joint to the boot on # 11.

12c0e9a1.jpg

Is there any reason it isnt on my 2000 E model? Should i have a filter on there?

thanks.

You have the wrong illustration. That pic is not for an E model and the hose #15 is not the one you are referring to.

No filter..Gets routed straight down.

The parts manual is a little screwed up in that area. Look for the illustration showing the vent box and you will see the conflict.

ahh i see. thanks for the clarification.

interesting that the oil breather box isn't filtered though :/

As others have said, all is normal, an E vents to atmosphere, only the S and SM vent to the air boot.

As for the parts pic.. Actually that is the correct one, just another example of a mistake in the OEM manuals (parts page in this case)

See the air boot.. notice it is square? That would be the right one for the E.. Go look at the parts page>air cleaner> DRZ S.. and you will see the other style (S / SM) snorkel.

You have the wrong illustration. That pic is not for an E model and the hose #15 is not the one you are referring to.

No filter..Gets routed straight down.

The parts manual is a little screwed up in that area. Look for the illustration showing the vent box and you will see the conflict.

No need for the vent line.. it has a positive flow outward,, ,, all air entering the motor has to go though the air cleaner..

Which BTW, your air cleaner has too much oil 👍

No need for the vent line.. it has a positive flow outward,, ,, all air entering the motor has to go though the air cleaner..

Yeah, that hose (on the 'S/'SM) isn't there to filter the air to the crankcase, but rather to send crankcase off gases through the cylinder to be burned. Emissions thing.

As others have said, all is normal, an E vents to atmosphere, only the S and SM vent to the air boot.

As for the parts pic.. Actually that is the correct one, just another example of a mistake in the OEM manuals (parts page in this case)

See the air boot.. notice it is square? That would be the right one for the E.. Go look at the parts page>air cleaner> DRZ S.. and you will see the other style (S / SM) snorkel.

Kinda what I meant..Just worded it wrong..👍