Reiter foothills restoration , April 18

How many horsie and hiker folks did you get out there to help ya?

The work party last Saturday was a small group. Might be due to how windy and nasty it was on Friday. It really wasn't too bad on Saturday up there. There were no hiker or horse folks there.

There were no hiker or horse folks there.

Cool, so are we going to get their share? Seems that we were just told that since the 4x4 people are dominant in volunteer numbers that they would get more of a say. It seems to me that the hikers and the horsie folks should have to clean up any area they get.

Seems like extortion getting us to clean up an area we don't get 👍

I won't set one foot on the area that some other group gets. That's how they want it...told me to leave, while allowing others. They've said it lots of times..."Reiter used to be the wild west"...no rules, anybody could do what they wanted, not just ORV folks, but now they want to bring law and order to the land. OK, fine, now that they've divided the land up for everyone, have those user groups clean up their land. If they don't, then it sits there. It infuriates me to think that all the fun I had riding around in those mazes of trails with friends, children, neighbors kids, etc...now is being given to others, and they don't wanna clean it up? In fact they want us to clean it up for them or we don't get anything back. That's outrageous...just on principle, I can't help.

Cool, so are we going to get their share? Seems that we were just told that since the 4x4 people are dominant in volunteer numbers that they would get more of a say. It seems to me that the hikers and the horsie folks should have to clean up any area they get.

Seems like extortion getting us to clean up an area we don't get 👍

We as users have to take some responsibility for what was done. I do feel your pain in this matter and know that the sediment is shared equally among a lot of past users of Reiter. The important thing is get what restoration done for we can move on to the next step

since the 4x4 people are dominant in volunteer numbers that they would get more of a say:

If anything I think that the 4x4s are going to get the short end of the stick. If anything the true ST ( 1 ft wide trails that stay 1 ft wide ) will have the most ground and miles of trails of any users. I personally think they will end up with more trail than the non motorized

I won't set one foot on the area that some other group gets. That's how they want it...told me to leave, while allowing others. They've said it lots of times..."Reiter used to be the wild west"...no rules, anybody could do what they wanted, not just ORV folks, but now they want to bring law and order to the land. OK, fine, now that they've divided the land up for everyone, have those user groups clean up their land. If they don't, then it sits there. It infuriates me to think that all the fun I had riding around in those mazes of trails with friends, children, neighbors kids, etc...now is being given to others, and they don't wanna clean it up? In fact they want us to clean it up for them or we don't get anything back. That's outrageous...just on principle, I can't help.

I'm sorry that you are so bitter. In another month we will be up in the motorized area will you help then

I'm sorry that you are so bitter. In another month we will be up in the motorized area will you help then

I always help build/maintain singletrack...if there's actually some left, that doesn't crisscross the 4x4 routes along the powerline trail, I'll be there. Reiter is the closest legal place to me.

I hardly ever rode at Reiter, but I am putting in my effort. Can't atleast two more motorcyclists show up at atleast one of these things. I'm starting to get a little peeved. here I am physically putting forth effort to try and help get the place open, eventhough personally I have doubts that they are ever going to let Motorized users back in. Would be nice to see at least two more s/t show up and give a hand. There isn't anything that says you have to work your butt off, it's volunteer for christsake, but show up, lets pad some numbers in our favor.

• Like 1

I always help build/maintain singletrack...if there's actually some left, that doesn't crisscross the 4x4 routes along the powerline trail, I'll be there. Reiter is the closest legal place to me.

Come on out and help. If that is all you want to do then let’s develop a plan and get it done.

Restoration of trails has to happen. Then building of trails, then time to enjoy them again

Any help is always appreciated, even if all you want to do is take responsibility for the tracks that you rode

There is ST that need some work to preserve them for you can ride them again.

Let me know if you want to meet

TreeLuva, How about you or David coming up with a map of ST trails that need work? You don't need to post it here, you can email it to me and we can get more riders out to see what needs fixed. You also mentioned an area of ST that had a 6' deep trench made by us. Can you also note this area as I would like to see where this is and how we were able to create this on a Bike.

Another thing that really should be addressed is what you talked about at the end of the work party in regards to what was needed for this one on the 18th. You suggested bringing Buggy's with 40's or better in to SacUp so that there would be minimal resource damage while making it easier to move logs around. I agree that this will make quicker work of fixing that trail. However when I mentioned letting us ride into the ST trails to do restoration it didn't seem like I was taken seriously. Since we have many miles of trail that none of us want to (and some might not even be able to) have to walk back into, and it would take an 8hr work party to get only a few hours of work done because of all the hiking in and out time. 👍

TreeLuva, How about you or David coming up with a map of ST trails that need work? You don't need to post it here, you can email it to me and we can get more riders out to see what needs fixed. You also mentioned an area of ST that had a 6' deep trench made by us. Can you also note this area as I would like to see where this is and how we were able to create this on a Bike.

Another thing that really should be addressed is what you talked about at the end of the work party in regards to what was needed for this one on the 18th. You suggested bringing Buggy's with 40's or better in to SacUp so that there would be minimal resource damage while making it easier to move logs around. I agree that this will make quicker work of fixing that trail. However when I mentioned letting us ride into the ST trails to do restoration it didn't seem like I was taken seriously. Since we have many miles of trail that none of us want to (and some might not even be able to) have to walk back into, and it would take an 8hr work party to get only a few hours of work done because of all the hiking in and out time.🤣

That's the stuff!👍

TreeLuva, How about you or David coming up with a map of ST trails that need work? You don't need to post it here, you can email it to me and we can get more riders out to see what needs fixed.

You are part of the team also, Take the initiative and go out. Any trail that goes more than 100ft on a uphill grade needs a water bar Does that help you find locations

TreeLuva, You also mentioned an area of ST that had a 6' deep trench made by us. Can you also note this area as I would like to see where this is and how we were able to create this on a Bike.:

A single track starts small and then slowly grows as time goes by till it is wider. Then by design it has a long down grade. Water collects in the trail and then starts eroding the soil, But at the same time bikes are still riding the trail, So it loosens the soil. Then I is muddy so someone doesn’t want to go through the mud and they build a bypass around the mud, tree that has fallen and so on and so on

A good example would be , Look on the area map, go to zone one and walk the trail that comes down the ridge line

Another thing that really should be addressed is what you talked about at the end of the work party in regards to what was needed for this one on the 18th. You suggested bringing Buggy's with 40's or better in to SacUp so that there would be minimal resource damage while making it easier to move logs around. I agree that this will make quicker work of fixing that trail. However when I mentioned letting us ride into the ST trails to do restoration it didn't seem like I was taken seriously. Since we have many miles of trail that none of us want to (and some might not even be able to) have to walk back into, and it would take an 8hr work party to get only a few hours of work done because of all the hiking in and out time. 👍

I am sorry Dave and I have a lot on our mind and I thought that you were asking to bring bikes into Sac up for that restoration. I know for a fact that the only reason the trucks are going in is to the mass of stuff that has to be moved and the terrain that they need to go threw

Remember Neil we are a team lets don't attack the situation, Lets resolve it

You are part of the team also, Take the initiative and go out. Any trail that goes more than 100ft on a uphill grade needs a water bar Does that help you find locations

A single track starts small and then slowly grows as time goes by till it is wider. Then by design it has a long down grade. Water collects in the trail and then starts eroding the soil, But at the same time bikes are still riding the trail, So it loosens the soil. Then I is muddy so someone doesn’t want to go through the mud and they build a bypass around the mud, tree that has fallen and so on and so on

A good example would be , Look on the area map, go to zone one and walk the trail that comes down the ridge line

I am sorry Dave and I have a lot on our mind and I thought that you were asking to bring bikes into Sac up for that restoration. I know for a fact that the only reason the trucks are going in is to the mass of stuff that has to be moved and the terrain that they need to go threw

Remember Neil we are a team lets don't attack the situation, Lets resolve it

I just thought from your other posts that you had alot of the ST areas figured out and knew where the damage is. So it sounds more like the trails to the right of the new gate at the enterance to Deer Flats that go straight up the side of the hill are what you think our "Typical" trails are like....