Sign in to follow this  

Softer rear spring on the 09/10 model

Can´t get the free sag right with the standard spring on the 450 2010. Before i order the optional softer spring im wondering how much softer it is in actual sag numbers? With 102 in ride sag the free sag is allready at 40

Free sag varies with spring preload. The amount of preload required for a specific race sag depends on your weight. Try adjusting your race sag to 106mm, then check your free sag again.

Free sag varies with spring preload. The amount of preload required for a specific race sag depends on your weight. Try adjusting your race sag to 106mm, then check your free sag again.

Perhaps i was a bit unclear with my question.. Adjusting the spring preload wont help in my case because the free sag gets too big. What i was wondering was if the 52 spring (just one softer spring in the owners manual) would get me in the right place, or if i should look for an aftermarket spring? My weight with riding gear on is around 172 lbs

Perhaps i was a bit unclear with my question.. Adjusting the spring preload wont help in my case because the free sag gets too big. What i was wondering was if the 52 spring (just one softer spring in the owners manual) would get me in the right place, or if i should look for an aftermarket spring? My weight with riding gear on is around 172 lbs

Im your weight and RG3 went with a softer rear spring in my bike

Im your weight and RG3 went with a softer rear spring in my bike

Was that the 52N/mm spring?

not sure they went 1 down from what stock is

Not sure they went 1 down from what stock is I think. i can find out a little later for sure

What i was wondering was if the 52 spring (just one softer spring in the owners manual) would get me in the right place, or if i should look for an aftermarket spring? My weight with riding gear on is around 172 lbs

The optional lighter spring will be perfect for you.

Ok! thanks for the quick answers guys, im ordering one tomorrow