DMP in Easton yesterday

I was never a fan of the Landing, I always referred to it as the Landfill. But I heard a lot of good reviews with the new owners so I checked out DMP a few weeks ago along with several other TTers. It was looking promising as they had mixed in some sand and rerouted sections that they couldn't water. I went back yesterday and couldn't be more disappointed. First, the track was dusty and hardpack at 10:30am! There's no reason for a track to start out dusty unless it's supposed to rain all day. When they did stop to water around 1pm, it was so hardpark it just laid on top. They should have watered at 9am or the night before. Second, most of the sand has been pushed off(quads?) and it's back to the grey hardpack. Third, the jumps need to be reshaped, kickers, holes etc... I have a new name for the track in Easton... D.u.M.P.๐Ÿ‘

P.S. A friend of mine practiced at Criswell on Sunday, track was awesome, prepped to perfection.

Edited by MX4Life

I was never a fan of the Landing, I always referred to it as the Landfill. But I heard a lot of good reviews with the new owners so I checked out DMP a few weeks ago along with several other TTers. It was looking promising as they had mixed in some sand and rerouted sections that they couldn't water. I went back yesterday and couldn't be more disappointed. First, the track was dusty and hardpack at 10:30am! There's no reason for a track to start out dusty unless it's supposed to rain all day. When they did stop to water around 1pm, it was so hardpark it just laid on top. They should have watered at 9am or the night before. Second, most of the sand has been pushed off(quads?) and it's back to the grey hardpack. Third, the jumps need to be reshaped, kickers, holes etc... I have a new name for the track in Easton... D.u.M.P.๐Ÿ‘

P.S. A friend of mine practiced at Criswell on Sunday, track was awesome, prepped to perfection.

ruh roh.. Mustangcobra on the defensive in 3...2...1...

Sad to hear, I was there about a month ago, and it finally looked like they were making changes for the better. BDMX was awesome on friday

ruh roh.. Mustangcobra on the defensive in 3...2...1...

Yeah at times it feels that way ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ I can not defend hardpack, and water on it creating a ice like surface. I heard the same thing about track condition from a few other people. I was not there and trust Doug's input (mx4life). I know I am meeting a friend Friday 4-16 with his equipment to prep the track for the District 7 race. That is at Walts request for him to comeout and work the track. It seems like there will be alot of work to do. Track condition will be better for our Saturday practice & Sunday race.

it was horrible. now im not that good of a mx rider but there where pot holes in just about every jump. make matters worse there is no lip on any of the jumps except maybe the finish line.

the dust was unacceptable. we got there around 10:30 and it was already dusty. and they only attempted to water it once. i think we left around 4pm. and they only watered it once and that was only about 5min because they couldn't get the pump to run or something.

i think most of the corners where alright if you would take the inside lines where there was still some dirt left, but the out side was all blown out like a flat track cushion

i think it would be a ok track if they would put some lips on the jump routinely turned the dirt over and watered it. add alot of mutch to help hold the water...

how long did you stay mx4life? i dont think i saw a 10' yz450f there .

It was in fact horrid!!!!!! I was there at 10. It was in fact dusty from the start. I was deff questioning why i was there but when it was the only track open and you wanna ride. It left no option. I was also there friday and it was ok. Not great. But friday was 10 times better then sunday.

Then sunday like already mentioned when they did attempt to water is was poorly done. I am flabbergasted as to why any track places water on top of powder and hardpack to make ice.

Rip it then add water or water it then rip it. Very few tracks get it or choose to do it.

And if in fact it was an equipment issue with why the track was in the condtion it was in. Then do 1 of 2 things if not both. Post on ur website that equipment is down and then off riding fees at a reduced rate. Thats just good business. But it wont happen

I only rode till 3pm, flat front tire. If the track was in better shape I would have put in a new tube and stayed. I was #810 and was there from 10:30 till around 4pm.

I did see you.. You were in the sprinter with NJ tags.. I was across the from you in the white ford on the Suz #40

Hello thumpermx365, I saw you in the pits, but don't know if I got to ride with you. I don't always see the bike #'s as they blitz pass me. What makes last Sunday even worst is, I talked 2 of my buddies into riding there and they paid $40 to ride that crap. What class do you ride? Me and my buddies race +45 in District 13 and I ride +50 in District 7.

He sandbags in the Vet C class ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™‚

I raced Vet C last yr. Got 3rd Overall in the Masters Series. This year I am racing Vet B and 25 + B in the Master Series.

Sunday with the conditions being sooo dusty and bad I waited till very few people were out on the track to put the laps in.