Sign in to follow this  

what buy - 200SX or 150SX ???

Which bike have more bottom end, peak are similar on both?

Can on 125 put a 200 cylinder, piston, ..?

why not just get a 250sx and keep the motor stock?

weight

The 200 has lots more torque down low and can be "ridden a gear high" without a problem, while the 150 will bog you down to a slow crawl. It is a big difference, however the 150 is a blast to ride and may make you better more quickly because you will have to learn to shift clutch and brake it all the time where with the 200 motor you can get away with less shifting and clutch work and still go pretty fast. The chassis on the 150 2011 is the main reason to get it though vs the 200. It is a great improvement...more than I realize until I rode my 200 09 at the MX track recently after riding the 150 all the time. It is narrower, turns better, is more settled in chop and whoops, and it just feels better overall. I am looking at putting the 200 motor (head, crank, CDI, governor) on the 150 and switching the 150 head crank and CDI over to the 09 200 XC chassis I have. I have not made up my mind but I think it would be pretty sweet although different. The 150 revs out like a 125 and the 200 revs out more like a 250, but its bottom end is great and really well suited to tracks with more hills and jumps with very short approaches like out of a tight corner.

The chassis on the 150 2011 is the main reason to get it though vs the 200. It is a great improvement...more than I realize until I rode my 200 09 at the MX track recently after riding the 150 all the time. It is narrower, turns better, is more settled in chop and whoops, and it just feels better overall. I am looking at putting the 200 motor (head, crank, CDI, governor) on the 150 and switching the 150 head crank and CDI over to the 09 200 XC chassis I have. I have not made up my mind but I think it would be pretty sweet although different. The 150 revs out like a 125 and the 200 revs out more like a 250, but its bottom end is great and really well suited to tracks with more hills and jumps with very short approaches like out of a tight corner.

I need some clarity here.

GIven what you have stated, which is more suited to the tracks - 2011 150sx or 2011 200xc?

If you put a 200 motor, etc into the 2011 150sx - would that be the best of the 2 worlds?

Byte