Sign in to follow this  

Bad news with my busted YZed...

Well, as a few of you know, I had a tranny catastrophe a few weeks ago.. Long story short, I finally got parts late last week and started assembly on Saturday only to find I had two more parts that are funked.. My shift stopper and my shift shaft are not acceptable for use in my opinion... :thumbsup: Rush ship some OEM Yami parts today for another XXX $$.... My tally for the little bugalo is over the 1000 $$ range now :jawdrop: Oh, and even more?? Busted the right side CC installing a bearing and had to re-use my original.. Thank the good Lord that it mated well with the left half I got on fleabay...

I should've parted it out and bought a new one.... :applause: Top that off with Des 100 THIS SUNDAY??? I wont even get a chance to ride this thing before the weekend.... :) Oh well...

And one more thing?? Woke up sicker than whatever on Saturday.. Ive lost almost 10 pounds since Friday evening :cheers: Its not looking good for me this year either....

Thanks for listening to me vent folks :lol:

How did you install the bearing? There really shouldn't have been any reason that the crankcase broke.

You don't need to go ride the DEZ 100 anyways all those damn squids that come out of the woodwork for that race just makes it more dangerous I'm actually glad to say I have never ridden that race I used to know guys who rode like 3 times a year total and that was one of the rides they'd go do. So not only did they have lack of ridding time and skills they come out and ride probably one of the hardest and longest races of the year usually piss drunk the night before.

oh and go to the DR and get checked out things like the flu are still totally going around.

How did you install the bearing? There really shouldn't have been any reason that the crankcase broke.

I actually think the case was fatigued right where it cracked anyway.... :thumbsup: We had the cases heated and the bearings in the freezer.. Everything slipped in nice except that last one.. Lightly tappin in it and then.... :lol: Oh well.. Luckily I had a case, and even luckier that it mated up with mine... :)

Just remember that $1000 is still less than what a new head, valves, and cams would cost on a four stroke...

I'm still crossing my fingers that the cam journals on my 450 aren't trashed - I have a good 15+ hard hours since my little oil loss incident and so far it seems to be running great.

At least you have a fresh built engine to run for the next few years.

Damn I would sold you the whole motor out of my 02 for 1000.

Its my understanding that the 02 is not completely compatible.. :thumbsup: Thanks though :lol:

I think your very lucky. Have you watched "The Biggest Loser" and seen what those folks have to do to lose 10 lb's? Heck, you even got a new transmission in the process!

Seriously, I cannot think of a good time to have to drop $$$$$ into a machine. Thats not that much anymore being a new bike is 7-8000.

I think your very lucky. Have you watched "The Biggest Loser" and seen what those folks have to do to lose 10 lb's? Heck, you even got a new transmission in the process!

Seriously, I cannot think of a good time to have to drop $$$$$ into a machine. Thats not that much anymore being a new bike is 7-8000.

That was something I seriously kicked around.. I coulda got into a clean buck 25 for round 2 grand.. :thumbsup: Save my fix on the 250 for later?? :lol: Too late now, Ive made 3 payments at 300 bucks for parts... :jawdrop:

As far as weight loss?? I think Ill make a video for late night paid programing :applause: "LADIES!! GENTLEMEN!! All ya have to do to lose those winters pounds for a summer body, stop eating" :)