Sign in to follow this  

I need a suspension linkage for my 97 cr125

I was replacing my suspension linkage bearings when I realized that I have a crack runnig halfway across my suspension linkage where it bolts to the frame.

I have the bearings and parts to fit inside the linkage, I just need the linkage part itself.

If i go through bike bandit, they want $189 and it comes with the bearing kit and bolt, washers, dust seals.

Problem is, i just spent $75 on the bearing kit for it, so I don't want to buy two of the same thing.

Do you know where I can find just the linkage? Parts unlimited has the bearing kit, but no linkage itself.

I'm not sure how long i've been riding on cracked linkage, I thought i'd be able to bring it to a welder and have them just weld the crack.

any help would be appreciated, it seems as if its getting harder and harder to find parts for the older bikes.

I was replacing my suspension linkage bearings when I realized that I have a crack runnig halfway across my suspension linkage where it bolts to the frame.

I have the bearings and parts to fit inside the linkage, I just need the linkage part itself.

If i go through bike bandit, they want $189 and it comes with the bearing kit and bolt, washers, dust seals.

Problem is, i just spent $75 on the bearing kit for it, so I don't want to buy two of the same thing.

Do you know where I can find just the linkage? Parts unlimited has the bearing kit, but no linkage itself.

I'm not sure how long i've been riding on cracked linkage, I thought i'd be able to bring it to a welder and have them just weld the crack.

any help would be appreciated, it seems as if its getting harder and harder to find parts for the older bikes.

I have lots of linkages that would fit your bike.

That won't work for his bike.

I have lots of linkages that would fit your bike.

That won't work for his bike.

oops! you are right, I had quickly scanned the add and thought it came off of a 97 125 when he actually said it came off a 97 250.

i'll have to get a pic up later so you can see the part, thanks for your help so far!

Just curious if an 08 CRF250 linkage set up will work? I know it works on 03 CR125.

I have spare 08 linkage stuff.

Here is the part that I need, you will see it is cracked in one of the pictures, that crack runs halfway across the circular portion.

CR125linkage3.jpg

CR125linkage2.jpg

CR125linkage1.jpg

If you have this part laying around, let me know!

Take some good measurements of it. Length, bearing insert area, etc. I will check some of the CR's links I have here.

I should have one of those off 97 cr125. I'll check tonight when I get off work

Hey that would be great... let me know what I can do for you in return.

I can get measurements of the linkage also... If it still has the bearings inside of it that would be awesome also.

Get me the measurements when you can. I have a few laying around that are like new. No bearings though.

Hey that would be great... let me know what I can do for you in return.

I can get measurements of the linkage also... If it still has the bearings inside of it that would be awesome also.

I didn't find it in my garage so its probably in my attic, thing is my roommate and a bunch of sht under the door and I can't open it. Stand by haha.