Sign in to follow this  

Riding pants/jersey sizing?

I'm looking to order a pair of riding pants & jersey, I'm 16 years old, about 5'3 and 115 lbs. I'm kind of small for my age, and skinny. Normally I wear jeans with a waist size 30" X 32" length and an adult medium tee-shirt . I called up the mailorder place and they said that normally these things run small, and to order the next size up. I just want to check and make sure with you guys so I don't order the wrong size.

The size chart says for pants a medium is 31-33 waist X 30.5-31" inseam

Does this sound like it would fit?

Large pants are 34-36" X 31-31.5 inseam

It sounds like the waists are fine for me but the inseams are shorter. I'm not a very tall/skinny kid...

For the jersey it says measure around fullest part of chest, under arms & around shoulder blades. I measured around my shoulders and arms/just above my armpits and got about 38" around. The size chart says a medium is 36-38" chest. Large is 40-42"

Should I get a medium pants & jersey or should I go the next size up?

Sorry for all the text and questions while this may be self explanatory. I don't really have a dealer to go to and try these on.

I'm looking at ordering http://ronniesmailorder.com/eshopprod_cat_3383-70920_product_936902_keyword_fox+AND+180.FOX_180_PANT.htm

and http://ronniesmailorder.com/eshopprod_cat_5737-45541-1461_product_768395_keyword_fox+AND+jersey.Yamaha_HC_Jersey.htm

Thanks

The Fox stuff seems to fit pretty close to same size jeans in the waist, to me anyway. With your inseam the length should not be a problem, they will be long enough.

If you wear a kidney belt or just like a loose fit I would go for 1 size larger waist. You can usually pull the belt strap to make the waist closer to say 30" if they are 32" pants.

Out of the different brands I've tried Fox and Troy Lee Designs are pretty close to jeans (levi) size in the waist with Troy Lee being just a little snugger. Thor seems to be way off and I end up getting at least 2 sizes larger in the waist.

Oh and the medium shirt should suit you fine. Hope this helps.

cool thanks, so i think i'll stick with a medium jersey and medium pants, which i can always wear with a belt if needed.