April 6th - Portland - USFS meetings announced for Pacific Northwest Region

Oregon

Appologize if this has already been advertised on TT, yet a quick "USFS" search only led me to ID and WA posts that were similar. Below is a cut and paste from a BRC email for a round of USFS roundtable meetings about the future of our public forests right here in Portland tomorrow, April 6th.

Is OMRA and other clubs properly represented for this? Can Joe Public just show up to one of these sessions? Or is the noon-1pm open house more appropriate for Joe P.?

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

This is an important UPDATE to the alert we blasted last Friday.

As the alert said, the Forest Service is revising the regulations used to formulate Forest Plans (known as the Planning Rule). The agency has said it is committed to an open collaborative approach, and has announced several national and regional meetings. Nationwide, the collaborative process includes a Science Forum, three National Roundtables and Roundtables in nine Regions. More information is available on the FS Forest Planning webpage.

The FS recently announced the schedule for Regional Roundtables in Region 6 (Pacific Northwest Region), which encompasses all of Oregon and Washington.

As part of this national effort, public roundtable meetings will be held in Portland, Oregon on Tuesday, April 6, 2010. The Region 6 Roundtables will include three (repeat) sessions beginning at 9:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm PDT. You are welcome to participate in any or all of these sessions. Each session will begin with a plenary presentation, followed by facilitated roundtable discussions.

Location: Double Tree Hotel at Lloyd Center (Multnomah Room), 1000 NE Multnomah, Portland, OR

Session times: Repeat sessions will begin at 9:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm PDT.

Open house hours are from Noon to 1:00 pm PDT, and from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm PDT.

For more information contact:

Luke Lukoskie forestservicemtg@LSAresults.com

Please RSVP by sending an email to ForestServiceMtg@LSAResults.com with your name and organizational affiliation. Your RSVP is not required, but helpful for planning purposes.

Glad to see OMRA was there. A riding buddy and I stopped in for the noon open house to find the house open yet nothing really on display. So we found our way to the 'Recreation' table and started chatting a bit. Imediately the horse people get all defensive that they think us dirt bikers don't like them. We smooth that over and get onto learning about the process.

Sounds like an uphill battle to me...government appears to already believe the myth that humans are responsible for global warming despite the data showing global warming is a 300 year old trend...i.e. before the industrial revolution was ever a dream.

The PNW4WD folks were there at 9 am and 1 pm so glad some dirt bike guys were there at the later session. The Wa PNW4WD folks suggested we get involved with WOVA and NMA yet those both appear to be Wa based. Is OMRA the Oregon based club who I need to get involved with? I am not a racer, am a Blue Ribbon Coalition member, yet feel there is more to do locally!

RMJ