DRZ 400s Altitude Jetting..

Hi Eddie...

I acquired a 2007 DRZ 400s from a guy(in NC) who had scaled Pikes Peak with it and had it jetted for that altitude. He also had the 3x3 mod done.

Since I am living at much lower altitude in NC and I am getting very bad fuel mileage(35 mpg) with this jetting. I would like to go back to stock jet setting for the duration. I am sure you know what to do and would like to be advised of what do I need to replace: jets; needle, etc. Since I am contemplating doing the TAT trip which will be at lower altitude for a while, I will again re-jet when I approaching the Rockies. Feasible??

Currently the main jet is #128 and the Dynojet needle is on groove #3.

Thank you...­čĹŹ

Drekfahrer

North Carolina

Yes, I have the stock pipe. Bike runs fine...has power to spare. Has only 2200 miles on it. Have the 4 gallon IMS tank and got only 133 miles out of it=33 mpg! Running either reg/mid/ or premium. Same mileage. With 4 gallon tank I thought I'd get at least 200+ miles. Thanks for your input Eddie..appreciate it.

So Eddie...in order to jet to my sea level altitude...what should I change the jets to then after transitting the eastern part of the TAT; what jetting should I then change it to before hitting the Rockies?

Cheers....

Yes, I have the stock pipe. Bike runs fine...has power to spare. Has only 2200 miles on it. Have the 4 gallon IMS tank and got only 133 miles out of it=33 mpg! Running either reg/mid/ or premium. Same mileage. With 4 gallon tank I thought I'd get at least 200+ miles. Thanks for your input Eddie..appreciate it.

So Eddie...in order to jet to my sea level altitude...what should I change the jets to then after transitting the eastern part of the TAT; what jetting should I then change it to before hitting the Rockies?

Cheers....