Camshaft

wanted to get a webcam camshaft grind 282 but they have no cores.Anybody know of other comparable camshafts to the 282?

dosn't matter as they are getting their core in a couple days.I have 1 ordered now,will be installing it in a stock motor.I will post back with details of how it works in a stock engine.Seems like anybody who has installed these things did it with a lot other mods.Maybe a cam only mod might shed some light on what a cam will actually do and if its worth the $'s.I'm hoping for a noticable improvement.

please do post back I might want to do that someday.

Only a cam??? Interesting. I've been told the change would be minimal. Sort of like porting. The story goes, porting & cam don't really shine alone. If you install a piston And/or carb, however, everything will be loads better.

Please let us know if that really is the case.

92A grind is supposed to be a more performance and still work with stock valve springs.

It gives a lot more snap but I have the Weico piston as well (cleaned up a bit).

well I just put a new piston and rings in the bike,when I need another I think I will be getting a BBK and up the compression.As of now I can't justify taking out a new piston.Even a slight increase is still an increase,bike isn't too bad now so it will or should only be better.I'm hoping it will open up the mid to top,my top right now is flat,but may be jetting(of which I have a wide selection ordered).Only mods to the bike so far are power up kit,aluminum rear 48T and an oversized header.Eventually I get there or just get a 250x.

Only a cam??? Interesting. I've been told the change would be minimal. Sort of like porting. The story goes, porting & cam don't really shine alone. If you install a piston And/or carb, however, everything will be loads better.

Please let us know if that really is the case.

I don't really know about the 150/230 specifically, but I know on many vehicles cams can make a huge difference, even alone.

Of course, pairing it with other upgrades is best.. But I think getting an aggressive cam can make a good difference.

I think my next upgrade for my 150f is going to be a cam, but will eventually be going with a big bore and carb :thumbsup:

OP how did the cam work? I am thinking about doing the same thing. I just need a little more bottom to mid torqe.

OP how did the cam work? I am thinking about doing the same thing. I just need a little more bottom to mid torqe.

I looked all over for this guy's review of the cam on a stock engine. I believe it got killed off when thumpertalk was changing around their servers and such back then.

If I remember correctly, he said it felt sort of the same but just revved out way easier. I think.

PM him. he still gets on

I didn't realize I didn't finish this thread,I have moved on to a kx250 2 stroke.The cam really did make a difference to the mid portion of the bike,top was a bit better and didn't notice much of a difference down low.I was surprised and quite pleased with the difference and anybody who drove it would ask me if I was sure it was a 230.First time starting her you could hear a difference in the sound of the exhaust,this,power up kit and an oversized header was all that was done to the bike.Would have been nice if I had a high comp piston or even a bbk,if it wasn't for the cost to get the suspension and engine to my liking I would have kept her instead of the kx.