Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Anyone been to Fay Meyers lately?

I was there Saturday, and there were some '09 Geico Honda bikes on the showroom floor. I asked a salesman if they were the real deal and he said they were their practice bikes. The had Metcalfe's, Canard's, Wharton's, Tomac's, and Barcia's bikes. I thought that was pretty cool. I didn't ask or look close enough to determine if they were for sale, but cool nonetheless.

Everytime I go to a store with my buddy I end up buying something!:thumbsup: We go to Performance one day when Kickstart came out, and next thing I'm walking out with a new jersey and pants. Saturday we go to Fay Meyers for oil & a clutch lever, and all of a sudden I'm walking out with a new pair of boots:smirk: What a fun money pit this whole dirt bike thing is.

Im not allowed to go to motorcycle stores anymore without adult supervision.

Yeah, I know that feeling. And the RV Toyhauler store. And the dealerships with all those shiny new Diesel Crewcab trucks.

Those bikes are for sale. All the factory bikes are restored to pretty much original with the exception of the cosmetics and the exhaust and a few other goodies. Pretty much what you can see extra on the outside is whats not OEM. The Tomac bike on the other hand does have some non oem internals like the suspension. That's what the sales man i talked to said.

Yeah, I know that feeling. And the RV Toyhauler store. And the dealerships with all those shiny new Diesel Crewcab trucks.

Oh I stopped at Parker Trailers on Saturday and got in big trouble :thumbsup:

Their for sale - but i wouldn't really touch them, youd get a better bang for your buck buying new and setting it up for you - otherwise your paying a whole lot of money for some graphics - or so im told

Oh, I wouldn't have bought one, but I thought they were cool to see on the showroom floor. Next bike for me is a brand new 450:banana:, at least when I feel like I've learned enough on my current bike.

I was eyeing those 150Rs though. You know, for my fiance, cough*playbike!*cough

I hope they did a complete valve train overhaul on Barcia's bike. That kid cramps up with the throttle wide open on the starting line... :-)

I was eyeing those 150Rs though. You know, for my fiance, cough*playbike!*cough

Funny, I have an RB, and the few people that have rode it seem to think the same way:busted:

Yeah...we saw em too. We were told all the internals have been went through and the stuff Geico immediately takes off was put back on. We didn't get specifics on any of them...just generalities. My impression was you'd get a virtually stock bike, in supposedly good shape, with fancy graphics including somebody else's name on it. Not for us, but cool to look at. Didn't bother asking price.